Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest iujona

My keyboard assignments keep getting erased

My keyboard assignments keep getting erased everytime I exit the FSX program. Im running PMDG 747, Active Sky, UTXI also tried doing it via the CH Control Manager but havent been successful..its so complicated.Any help (the simplier the better) would be much appreciated

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Any help (the simplier the better) would be much appreciatedI'll do my best. Running Vista? If yes: Install XP. If no: No simple answer available.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Thanks, installing XP would be simplier than trying to figure out the CH Control software...

You shouldn't be losing keyboard assignments. On my computer, they are saved as: All Users>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX>Controls>Standard.xmlArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium

I agree the CH software can be a bear but it's worth learning. I got lots of help on their forum. One of the things you can do is assign 2 functions to each button or switch. Useful for bringing up different views, pausing Track IR and so on.

>>Any help (the simplier the better) would be much>appreciated>>I'll do my best. Running Vista? If yes: Install XP. If no: No>simple answer available.>>Using XP won't necessarily fix it. I use XP, and my keyboard assignments disappear every so often. I finally set up a timed macro to back up the file of assignments regularly.MD

Talking of controls, every now and again I still get a CTD caused by 'controls.dll'I have to delete the controls/standard.xml and let the sim rebuild another one each time it happens.Very annoying......