Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daveo

Carenado Mooney M20J and LionHeart Creations Super Viki...

Hello all,I'm looking for a fast single engine prop plane GA plane, and I am considering the Mooney and the Super Viking. Has anyone flown the pure FSX versions of these? How do they fly? If I just got one, which would you recommend?Thanks,Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mark, I have the Mooney (Pure FSX) and it is great! Very detailed cockpit and very nice performance in both how it flys as well as it is FPS friendly. It has a slight higher FPS hit than the default cesna 172. Probably falls somewhere between the cesna and the lear as far as FPS impact. I fly the Mooney probably 50% of my sim time. As for the other I have not tried.

You should take a look at the Piper Saratoga from FSD, it's a really nice plane. Looks and flys great. http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Saratoga/JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Mark, I have them both and enjoy them equally however if I was forced to choose between the two I'd go with the Viking.

Is the Saratoga a pure FSX plane or is it just FSX compatible?

If you want a really fast and FUN plane to fly, get the LongEZ from Alphasim. It flies as close to the real numbers as you are likely to get in this simulator. A bit of a learning curve but that is what makes it interesting. A very nice plane, a very unusual plane and just plane fun :-) It is fast, will fly tops about 220 MPH, realistically cruise 140 knots.Its payware but it is well worth the money, it's the only payware I have on FSX at the moment, I don't buy a lot of payware, only really quality work when I do. The only other payware I buy is RealAir and DreamFleet or FSD, thats it.Donald E. Donovan

They are both good aircraft. The viking I have flown IRL also so I kinda took a favoring to that one.DaveESSB