Sign in to follow this  
Mace

WOAI AI Traffic

Guest zippers24

I have recently installed some world of ai packages on my FSX, having removed all of the default AI. But now whenever i start FSX i get an out of memory error. I removed them and the problem went away. Then reinstall a single package and the error returned.I don't think it is an actual out of memory error as it occurs even with all the lowest setting and occurs before the menus load rather than during flight.I have a Dual Core 6300 and 2GB or RAM which i can usually manage to load a menu with.Has anyone else experienced this problem or know how to fix it?regardsAndrew

Andrew,You may have a corrupted download file (WOAI package). One or more of either the aircraft or flight plans may have been corrupted during the download process. I'm not saying this is the issue but at least it is a place to start. You can proceed by:1. Delete all the aircraft and flight plans from their associated directories, download the WOAI package(s) again, and re-install them again. Check to see if this solves the problem.2. A second method of checking is to go to the directory where the WOAI aircraft were installed and remove half of the aircraft. Restart FSX and see if that corrects the problem. If not, replace the aircraft you just took out and take out the half that you left in the folder the first time. If that doesn't solve the problem then you can pretty much eliminate a "bad" aircraft. On the other hand, if either of the "halves" allows FSX to operate properly, then again take half of the aircraft and go through the same process - each time halving the folders until you find the specific aircraft that is causing the problem.3. If it is not an aircraft, then you can accomplish the same actions (above in step 2) with the *.bgl files that were created (see your fsxsceneryworldscenery directory) when you installed the packages. It is possible you might have a bad flight plan (probably not but you never know). FSX is fairly tolerant when it comes to AI (with a few exceptions of course).At least this is a place to start. I've used WOAI packages in the past but I never use the installer. I break down the packages using the manual install process so that I know what is going into my folders. A particular quirk in my perspective is that I believe you learn way much more about the way flight sim works by avoiding auto install - of anything. Everyone to their own of course.fb

Guest zippers24

Thanks for the suggestion, i tried your suggestions and the problem seems to be in the flightplans files, as whenever this file is present no matter which routes are in it the problem occurs?Can anyone think of another option apart from reinstalling FSX?thanks Andrew

>Thanks for the suggestion, i tried your suggestions and the>problem seems to be in the flightplans files, as whenever this>file is present no matter which routes are in it the problem>occurs?>>Can anyone think of another option apart from reinstalling>FSX?>>thanks >>AndrewI would not reinstall FSX yet. Put that off the table for now.I feel it is likely that the problem is a corrupted flight plan bgl. I have seen the same error you are getting, and that was the problem. It could be an aircraft texture or mdl but I doubt it.The only way to figure out which .bgl is at fault, is to remove ALL World of AI packages, and disable the default AI traffic bgl's. Then boot FSX and see if it is stable. That's your starting point.Then, assuming you've got a stable FSX with no AI, you start by adding one single WoAI package. Test FSX by loading yourself at a spot in the FS world where that AI package will be active. If stable, install another WoAI package.After installing a few, and testing, then you can install, say, 10 at a time. Eventually, you'll be able to narrow it down.If your FSX is not stable to begin with, then that's a different matter...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thats weird that your having that trouble. I have ALL the packages installed including military, cargo, and even a few of the non current airlines. Did you use the utility to decompile the flight plans and recompile them to FSX .bgl's. The one I used is called AIFPC. Anytime I add an AI package I run the FS9 traffic .bgl through the utility and it reconverts it to FSX standards. You will know its done because the new .bgl will say something like Traffic_American_FSX.bgl or what ever the name of the .bgl file is called as aposed to Traffic_American.bgl. That may be your cause?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest zalemam

maybe its a registry problem.theres a free program to use that fixes it. i think it at flight 1 website but im not sure if that's your problem.Been using WOAI and i dont have any problems.What packages are you using?Zaid Alemam

All WOAI packages must be converted to FSX after installation. You need one of the converters out there. Hunt the WOAI forum and they have a link to a converter by Peter van der Veen (I think that's the spelling).My ai came to life in FSX after using the converter.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

You don't NEED to convert the WOAI plans to FSX format at all.The only reason you need to do this is if you plan on mixing native FSX AI with the older style FS9 AI.Things such as the FSX ferries and ship / boat traffic will not show up unless you convert the FS9 style AI to FSX format first.

Guest zippers24

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I restored my computer to just after i installed FSX, which was about 2 weeks ago because the PMDG 747 wasn't working before.Having done this it worked fine. Maybe it was a problem with the default bgl being converted to bak?

A word on AI traffic bgl conversions....They work 95%-100% of the time. AIFPC for example, is very good and it produces a valid FSX AI traffic bgl almost all of the time. However, there have been a very few instances where it does not produce a valid FSX ai traffic bgl. I have experienced this myself a few times. And I have a lot of AI...a ton of it.As to WHY there are occasions where the converted bgl is flawed, that is a technical discussion beyond the scope of this thread. When it happens, when you have narrowed it down to 1 single bgl, then you try the conversion again. If still no-go, then you try another converter (there are several). As a last resort, you decompile it using one of the available decompilers, and convert by hand to TDBB format and use TDBB to compile. But that is a last resort. You should almost never have to do that.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB