Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mace

memory

After about 18-20 minutes of flying (with a 172) my sim locks up and it appears to be out of memory,I think. I never ran out of memory with fs9 and I don't understand this. I have 2.5 gig of memory. Need ideas.Dongateway--dual processor pent 4 windows xp professional media edition 2.5 gig memory nvidea 6200 turbo cache

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In addition to what Bill said, you have 56 running processes. That really should be pared down to under 30 in WindowsXP. I understand in your screenshot you have FSX running, and possible other things, but even so 56 is too high.I'd guesstimate that there is some system optimization that you could do. Look in the hardware forum here, at the optimization sticky, if it's still there. If it's not there, google TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Khouroush Ghazi's XP tweaking guide. It can really help.Another factor is 2.5 gigs of memory. That means you've got an odd mem stick size. This is a known problem-area, particularly when you really saturate the memory, as FSX tends to do. I'd guess that your system would be more stable and reliable with 2x1 sticks (2 gigs total) and a solid virtual memory setup.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT