Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

remind

FSX sp2 Vista sp1, Blue screen crashes

Hi all, ever since I did a fresh install of Vista and FSX, sp2, with Dx10 preview on, and related Vista udpdates including Service pakc 1, which by the way, I had to download seperatley and not through windows update, as windows update would not find it.Almost every time I goe from non full screen mode to full screen or the other way around, I get a blank screen, I can still hear the sound, but eventually sound stutters and system rebootsThis is the error Vista gives me in it's report when I reload Vistaroblem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 3081Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: 86F62510 BCP2: 8E410960 BCP3: C000009A BCP4: 00000004 OS Version: 6_0_6001 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 256_1Files that help describe the problem: C:WindowsMinidumpMini061508-02.dmpIt was not happening before I did fresh Vista install and I had Vista Sp1 one install and that one installed via Windows update.From what reading I've done re error, MS sites say to install SP1, well I already have it installed.Any suggestions folks?ThanksPhilMy system isDell XPS-710Intel Quad core 67004gb 667 Duel channel ramNvidia Geforce 8800 GTX drivers Version WHQ 7.15.11.7516, dated 2/may/08

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Phil,IMO it is something related to DX10 and your graphic card (driver or hardware).Can you confirm that you have no problem with DX9?Regards,

Thanks guys for replies, when work allows I will check your suggestionsIt wasn't doing it before I did fresh installation of everything, what is interesting and it may have nothing to do with it, is that Vista rating report memorty score of 5.0, yet my XPS laptop has exactly same amount and type of memory and it's score is 5.1, as was the dekstop before I did fresh install. How this can be I do not know.I am just wondering if the fact I had to manually get Sp1 of Vista to install rather that automaticllay get windows update to find it, has affected it, anyway I'll read the links etcNo I have not tried it with Dx10 preview off, I shall do that and also I roll back Nvida river to version 163.75 I think was the previous WQL certifed driver. Knowing Nvidia drivers, it would not surpise me, espcially when running DX10 modeDirect X 10 cards have been around for over a year now and it still seems Nivida cannot get a stable driver, not sure if ATI are having some problems, but I think they are from posts I have read in another forum.Pity this is happening, as the fresh install of everything has really imporved FSX Frame rates and performance.On a side note, anyone using any of the new 9000 Nvidia series cards?Are they an imporvment on the 8000 and how to they compare to ATI