Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

Heads UP! ... FSWC IS BEING RELEASED

Guest TPN_Turnip

I have the info sent to the FSWC folks but was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?See the attached photos.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190400.jpgTurnipSPECS:VISTA Home Basic 580 WATT Sunbeam PowerCrucial Ballistix 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAMASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6550ATI Radeon 3870 512250 GB WD SATA HD 120 GB WD IDE HDftxsupporter.gif[/url]

What happens if you install for DX9 then run DX10 preview?I know its not made for DX10 but do you have to uninstall it to run the dx10 preview, does it make DX10 water worse or just have no effect so you can leave it installed?

Guest Nick_N

Is this FSX SP1, SP2 DX9 or SP2 DX10?We listed there could be issues with SP1 and that FSWC was working fine with FSX SP2, and, we also listed there was currently no DX10 support however DX10 is a different shader file so I can not see that as being the reason.What version of FSX are you running?

Guest TPN_Turnip

I am running FSX SP2. I am not running DX10 Preview. I'm also talking to Paul at FSWC for a solution. I am running ATI TrayTools instead of Catylist Control Center. Would that cause a problem?

Guest pwheeler

Are you running any of the 'special tweaks' in ATI tray tools? Or overclocking the card?Paul

Guest Nick_N

I was going to ask the same thingOverclocking I do not see as an issue but please do completely disable tray tools at boot, reboot and use CCC to set the card, and then check againA setting Tray tools is using may be causing the problem. If the problem goes away then something in TT is causing it. It would be good to find out what setting would cause such a strange visual error.

Guest Xiderpunk

Can you running FSWC again and then making a few changes and clicking apply, this should re-clear the cached and compiled shaders and force FSX to recompile them. Start FSX again, is the problem still there?Regards,Chris

Guest TPN_Turnip

OK, I'm disabling TT and going with CCC to see what differance it will make. Also, I will adjust each slider to see which one is the culprit. I'll do the CCC first and report back. Thanks alot gents.TurnipSPECS:VISTA Home Basic 580 WATT Sunbeam PowerCrucial Ballistix 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAMASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6550ATI Radeon 3870 512250 GB WD SATA HD 120 GB WD IDE HDftxsupporter.gif[/url]

Guest fsxmissionguy

>>Yes ... what is this scenery? There's so very little of FSX left in this screenshot that I'm not sure you could even say it's Flight Simulator X anymore!Looks like Tile Proxy with GEX, FEX cloud structures and FSWC.

Guest TPN_Turnip

OK I've identified the problem, however the solution evades me. The problem lies in the SUN SPECULAR REFLEXION INTENSITY. If I shut this down, the program (FSX and FSWC) work fine. Even turning it on to 1% will make the system freak out.Some notes. when I replaced my drivers with the latest ones, I completely removed the old ones with DRIVER CLEANER so I know I have a good driver install. Also, obviously, this wasn't a TrayTools issue for future referance. I have used the PAULS FAVORITE preset for these tests. I will now go test the MOON REFLEXION inputs to see it it does it there. If anyone else is having this problem with the ATI 3870 card, I would love to hear about it.TurnipSPECS:VISTA Home Basic 580 WATT Sunbeam PowerCrucial Ballistix 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAMASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6550ATI Radeon 3870 512 8.6 Drivers250 GB WD SATA HD 120 GB WD IDE HDftxsupporter.gif[/url]

Guest Nick_N

Thanks for checking into this TurnipI will make sure Ashton gets this info. I cant make the call on a reason because I do not have the hardware or the OS to duplicate the issue right now but I will make sure Ashton gets this and have it checked out and if anyone else reading this sees the same issue please post it and make sure to use the support system with details about VC hardware, OS and VC driver revision so it can be investigated.

Guest TPN_Turnip

FYI: This is just a "sun" reflexion issue. I loaded numerous moon setups with varying reflectivity and it had no effect. Actually, with a low hung moon over Sydney harbor, it looked great. I would really be interested in kowing if this is a SAPPHIRE problem as this is a Sapphire card. All in all, fighting the constant stutters for months like I have, I'm about to give up. This system is not junk by any means but I would have thought that I could at least make a banking turn without the houses stuttering. It really distrats from the flight. BUT.... that is another subject I guess. I hate Bill Gates. ;*)

Guest Nick_N

Great Turnip.. thanks for reporting this. At least it is narrowed down to the card/driver revision and a slider setting at this point

Guest pwheeler

Yes thanks Roy for taking the time to look into this one. I'm glad we managed to track down the culprit.As to whats going on I'm not sure. We've not had a problem with the sun specular slider before... It could be specific to this card.Roy if you don't mind being a guineapig... I'm going to create a couple of custom shader files for you to try, just so we can narrow down whats happening... I have a theory but I want to test it out.I won't be able to get them ready till much later as I've got a busy day at work today. As soon as I can sort them I'll let you know.Paul