Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

Heads UP! ... FSWC IS BEING RELEASED

Guest Nick_N

Sir???Where?????????????You're the officer!.. I should be saluting you! Sir! :-hah

Guest UlfB

Thanks Nick, Ashton Lawson and Paul Wheeler :-)What a nice contribution to the community!Ulf B

Yes, go Boeing! :-)Silly me, I skipped that part. I can't use DX10 anyway unless I turn off all traffic as my add-on packages go blank when I use it anyway.Keep up the great work!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest Nick_N

Gosh darn it Chris.. you mean my old eyes are playing tricks on me??LOL!! It would not be the first time for that!I was welll aware of the improvement in 1x Water settings but was under the impression from my tests those files had -some- influence on the 2x waterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190380.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190381.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190382.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190383.jpgThe images above are all default FSX water shots, not FEX, with FSWC edits appliedIt did not appear to be a massive change but overall it seemed the reflections were a bit more smooth and wave action was a bit better defined.I will check further into it. If anything the modded ENV's do improve 1x water reflections for sure. If what you are saying is true and the ENV's really do have absolutely no influence on 2x water then can I assume the changes I do see in pixelation are due to FEX wave animation changes I may make when I switch wave themes? I knew the OceanHeight20Field was wave animations which I assume FEX changes with themes however I was not aware the pixelation issue was centered on that file alone and had no influence from other sources.

Guest Xiderpunk

Hi Nick, yes am afraid it is a trick of perception. I have some test files I just uploaded here: http://www.flightenvironment.com/files/envs.zipBasically they are all black squares with a big white cross in the middle, so would show up fairly obviously in the sim. Back when we started developing FEX we tested this aspect thoroughly and in reading the shader code determined that 100% sure these files are not used with 2X water settings.The pixelation problem is a particularly difficult one, basically the higher detail maps that FEX has look much better than defaults although low down can illustrate the pixelation in the same way the defaults do. The solution was to use 32bit maps instead.. this generally improves the look right down to sea level however does carry a performance cost. Another solution is to use larger maps, 4096x4096 works fairly well although introduces stuttering into the motion of the water (it looks spectacular however!). We will be delivering the water update shortly which will expand the options we have already to tackle this. :-)Warm regards,Chris

Guest Nick_N

It would be nice to clean that up for default users too. I will look at the default FSX OceanHeight20Field map and see if I can clean that up any better for those who may not use addon water. Thanks for the tip! You guys are on the stick!

Hello,Out of this topic but what aircraft are you using? and where to find?Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Nick_N

>Out of this topic but what aircraft are you using? and where to find?Its a P5M-2 Marlin (SP-5B). Right now its only available for FS2/4K and there are quite a few problem in trying to use it in FSX... but there is a project over at SimV where we are resoring her to full FSX use with all new flight dynamics, FX, lighting, failure FX and panel upgrades. Possibly a repaint if time permits.http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...m=1213846769/90We are designing her based on the real spec's and reports from real crew who remember how she flew and sounded.We will post the update once completed.. monitor that thread for details and up to date info on changes and release We cant replace the VC because we have no access to the MDL file, but we do have permission to upgrade everything else from the original model maker. We will do our best with the inside but that part will be limited to basic mod of the original bitmaps for available VC details.

Been playing with this -on and off- all day, and think it is an absolutely brilliant, professional piece of work.Well-done lads.If you think this it is a worthwhile addition to your simulation, then give these guys a donation

Guest Nick_N

Donations are great and just so everyone knows they will go entirely to Paul and Ashton for the web site and for continuing support and upgrades.I donate to the project with time and money to maintain FSWC on the back side and will not receive any part of the donations that may come in. Those donations will go to Paul and Ashton alone.Thanks go out to everyone who has donated and who wish to or will donate. It is of course not required/expected of people to do that.:D

Many thanks to the team for this fantastic add-on!!! FSX looks ... improved :) One quick comment, every time I apply a setting, the confirmation pop up is hidden, at first I thought the app was hung, but after right clicking on the taskbar icon for FSWC, the popup appeared...RegardsJohn.

Guest Nick_N

JohnIf you think you have found a bug please use the support system. The address is in the readme. It will be reviewed and a punch list will be generated for checks and fixes in patches.

Off topic,what Cvx-style scenery is this? This is not simply FSWC, the above pic must have some other scenery installed.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks for the promotion, but... ;-)I'm retired E-8, Senior Master Sergeant. We were the ones the Commanding Officers were referring to when they told the new "butter bar" LT's to "Go find a good Senior NCO and do what they say. You'll stay out of trouble for your first year that way!"Rick

Rick Ryan