Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

Heads UP! ... FSWC IS BEING RELEASED

Thanks for the heads up Nick :--)And a warm thanks to Paul, Ashton and you for your fantastic work.Very much appreciated!:-beerchug

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Very cool.Thanks for such a great freeware tool, but very professionally done....nice to see.

Guest Nick_N

Thanks David!Paul should be waking up soon and Ashton just got up so they will be busy all day I am sure.DX10 is not as of yet supported but is in the works. The SDK comes first so anyone who wants to have connection integration can have itBTWHere are my custom edited ENV files if anyone would like to try themThey smooth out the digital 'pixel' effect on reflections quite a bit and tend to enhance wave animations.Make SURE to follow the directions and back up the originals first so you can restore FSX to default. If you dont, you cant recover the default files. http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/zip/envpatch.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190346.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190345.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190347.jpg

Guest pwheeler

Hi Everyone,After nearly a year of development and testing the day is finally here!FSWC is now available from our website for download.http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/downloads.htmAshton, Nick and I hope you enjoy FSWC as much as we enjoyed creating it.Cheers,Paul

Guest pwheeler

The minimum water settings to use FSWC is 2x low.It even makes a huge difference on 2x low!Paul

Guest triangle

Yes, this is impressive stuff ... never donated for software before but I believe the time has come (considering how much I am prpeared to fork out for other environmental add ons).Triangle :-)

Thanks very much Nick, I absolutely love it. I presume that it is DirectX 10 Preview compatible as it is compatible with SP2/Accel.?Thanks again for a job well done!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

For Sir Nick N :-)Are your 11 "patch" ENV files completely separate from the use of the sliders in FSWC? Reason I ask is I'm not sure what is being "replaced, restored" etc when using the FSWC interface. I'm assuming it is NOT your 11 ENV files, and they are a completely separate thing.The other reason I ask is I notice there are "preset" configurations for Ashton, Eric, John, etc, in the FSWC drop-down list. But none from you. I would really like to see your list of slider settings you use in FSWC with the 11 ENV files you uploaded. Do you have a "favorite" or "regular" preset list of settings?Thanks!Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest Nick_N

Hey Rick!Just so there is no confusion... The ENV maps are optional and are not changed by FSWC in any way. Those were edited by me last year and I decided to share them now since they tend to work best with FSWC changes. The maps are not required and were not origially planned to be released. There are instructions about how to back up the original ENV maps before installing the edited versions. Please follow those directions carefully because FSWC will not restore those files.As for what gets edited or changed by FSWC, the interface takes care of all that for you.. no worries. If you wish to return to the default FSX shader code you can do that in the interface, or, if you uninstall the product and forget to restore to default shader file it will automatically ask you if you wish to restore before the interface uninstalls.As for how I use FSWC and a few of my favorites, check out this post..http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=154738#154738You can share your favorite settings with people by either posting the contents of the PFL file (profile located in FS Water ConfiguratorProfiles folder) or sending someone your profiles in email and they can drop them in the directory and simply select it in the interface, then apply the settings.

Guest Nick_N

Hi BoeingGuyMy kind of guy! GO BOEING! :)As I posted above DX10 support is not yet available but is in the works.FSWC is all DX9 right now

Guest Xiderpunk

Hi Nick and folks,Firstly congratulations on the release :-) Really nice work! Love the gui and the way the sliders adjust to each position, very professional Ashton! Can I say though, the ENV maps in the scenery/world/texture folder are not used in water x2 settings (they are used with water x1 but not used at all in combination with FSWC or FEX which primarily is designed for X2 water settings). The env files appear to be legacy files left in from previous versions of FS.The shaders for the reflection uses what effectively is a screenshot of the sky including the clouds, sun and sky color.As an experiment try removing the env files or making them some outrageous design and you will see absolutely no difference in the simulator. The pixelation on the surface of the water is due to DXT compression of the OceanHeightField20Layer file, you will notice that the pixelation follows a pattern consistent with compression.Anyway, apologies for contridicting you Nick however it is important to make sure that everyone understands what everything is doing or not doing. :-)Warm regards,Chris