Sign in to follow this  
irocx

Scenery Library

Hi,I am attempting to install My Traffic into FSX.I have acceleration installedUsing vista ultimate ie.64bitHave UAC turned off and have taken full controle of drive "C", the only drive on my home built rig.This is a virgin install of FSXthe only other scenery addon is Mega scenery reino and flight ones ground environment.The problem is this. After running the My Traffic installer I have to add the "my traffic" folder to the scenery library. When I browse to the folder and hi-lite it, and click okay, instead of the folder being added to the library, it opens the folder. If I click okay again nothing happens. The only way to move on is to close the flight simulator window by clicking on the "X" or clicking "cancil".I have been using flight sim since FS98, so while I am no "guru", I have some knowledge about adding folders to the scenery library, and this behaviour is contrary to my experience with previous versions of flight sim.I have even done a reinstall of FSX, believing that I may have had a bad install. the problem still exists.can anyone help me? are there any postings with this problem? Did a search but did not get any hits.

Robin

>>>>"The problem is this. After running the My Traffic installer I have to add the "my traffic" folder to the scenery library. When I browse to the folder and hi-lite it, and click okay, instead of the folder being added to the library, it opens the folder. If I click okay again nothing happens. The only way to move on is to close the flight simulator window by clicking on the "X" or clicking "cancil"."Hi, It sounds as if you don't have a scenery folder within the "My Traffic" folder that you're trying to add to the scenery library. Create one and add the traffic .bgls and you should be fine. I would also offer that I have it from reliable sources that it's best to add traffic .bgl files to the Scenery > World > Scenery folder where the other traffic files reside instead of the Addon Scenery folder. Hope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Make sure that what you are adding is "My Traffic", and not "My TrafficScenery". FS does exactly what you describe if you browse right down to the "scenery" folder. Caught me out a few times!

Hello Kendall,Forgive me for adding something to your comments, in hopes of avoiding confusion for other users.Some people do recommend placing traffic files in the same folder as the default. This is not at all necessary, however. It makes no difference at all where they are placed as long as they are declared in the scenery library.Best regards.Luis

Thanks for trying to help.Seems my problem was not unique to "My Traffic", I saw a post at another forum that seemed just like mine, but involved some other addon scenery.The fix was that having clicked on add scenery, the next step is to make sure that "views" setting for the folder that contains the scenery files,(in this case, the main flight simulator folder) is set show "list". Any other setting and you will not be able to add the scenery.It would be interesting to know if this is a vista ultimate or FSX bug.Surprised i have not heard more about this problem.

Robin

>Hello Kendall,>>Forgive me for adding something to your comments, in hopes of>avoiding confusion for other users.>>Some people do recommend placing traffic files in the same>folder as the default. This is not at all necessary, however.>It makes no difference at all where they are placed as long as>they are declared in the scenery library.>>Best regards.>>LuisHi Luis, not at all, as always, thanks for your addition. :-)To be sure, while it is deemed acceptable to place traffic .bgls anywhere and then declare them, according to a recent post by Jim Vile on another site, he says it can have some undesired consequences. I won't go into specfics as it is way over my head (it had something to do with the the way the sim loads the traffic files, the ARP value and the correct hard floor airport elevation), lest to say Jim felt the best place is with the default location and that's good enuff for me. Sorry if I confused anyone, but thought I would at least mention this while trying to keep things simple.Thanks again for your excellent tutorial and all the help you offer in the design forums, not to mention over here, as well. :-beerchug Best regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall