Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCrash

Alt-Enter full screen to window mode only shows black screen

Okay, for some reason, now, when I load up a flight, I am in full screen mode. I then hit Alt-Ent like I have done many times in the past to got to window mode, so I can open up some instrument views, undock them and move them to my second monitor. I have done this routine ever since having FSX. Now, when I hit Alt-Ent, instead of getting a window view, I get a full screen of nothing but black that I cannot get rid of, nor can I do anything else. Anyone have any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you install a new nVidia driver? This happens to me with the 175.19 driver. I had to revert back to the 169.25 driver.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

You are not alone. I was getting the dreaded menu ctds but that some how that cleared up.However, if in flight I hit alt/enter to exit full screen, its 50/50 that I will get a black screen.Sometimes fsx will minumize to the tool bar and I cannot open it up.I need to hit esc and exit the flight.Then its again 50/50 if I get the opening screen or it stays black.Sometimes it loads and sometimes I need to cnt/alt/del and kill fsx.Earlier I was running Nhancer so I could get aa/af to work but that program at least for me was causing more problems than it solved.Some have no problems and some have alot of them.My problems and overall wierdness was different for sp1.sp2 and Accel.Some addons also created graphic problems.Good luck