Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STUART_H

What is best method to disable aircraft textures.

Many aircraft add-ons (payware and freeware) have the habit of meeting everyones favourite liveries and install many different liveries for the same aircraft. I was just wondering, whether there is a good way to effectively stop the unwanted textures from loading when selecting to change aircraft in FSX, but still keep them installed in case wish to use them in the future? I can think of placing // in front of each line relating to particular texures in the 'aircraft.cfg' file, but this would take some time and was wondering if there is one particular line in each entry in the aircraft.cfg that would inhibit loading of that particular livery?Cheers,Stuart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just go into the aircraft cfg. and find the texture section that I do not want to use, then put 0000 behind the panel line. No panel, no texture. Easily undone too. (Or, I suppose // in front will work too).

Thanks. I'll try that. I just want to speed up the time it takes to display the aircraft select screen, now that I have alot of added aircraft.Cheers,Stuart

I simply remove the texture folder for the liveries I dont want. I used to modify the cfg but its not really necessaryXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

>I simply remove the texture folder for the liveries I dont>want. I used to modify the cfg but its not really necessaryOr, simply rename the texture folders!../texture.N4013Ato../testure.N4013A.NoLoad