Sign in to follow this  
pipersam

Ryanair Dreamliner Purchase??

Hi All,Just listening to the radio yesterday, and on came an article about Michael O Learys Ryanair planning to expand their low cost airline business across the Atlantic from Ireland/Europe to the US by purchasing from Boeing a number of 787 Dreamliners in the near future. The article stated that O Leary has huge influence over at Boeing, and if Ryanair decide to purchase the 787, they will jump the queue of potential purchasers to become one of the first airlines to operate the new plane. The fares could begin for as little as

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Definately sounds interesting, but if they dare decorate the 787's like they do their 737s (see link below) i would certainly keep well clear. I think cheap long-haul travel is coming into affect, for example Oasis fly a gatwick-hong kong route for half the price of their rivals.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1175769/M/

Yes, I agree,Vile yellow and blue decor just doesn't seem proper in a nice shiny new 787! However in saying that, for cheapish fares across the Atlantic I would put up with any mix of colours, and enjoy the trip on the new plane!Regards,Fisky1,Galway,Ireland.

There are few things more horrible that being stuffed into a full economy class cabin for many hours at a time on an international flight. I dont care what they charge. I can put up with it for an hour or two on domestic flights, but not on international.