Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dolph98

FSX view questions

Hi all,I am trying to like FSX (still after all these years) and I have a small issue with the VC view. If I pan around, the spacebar usuually puts my view back to center as it did in FS9. But sometimes, it just gives a small red cross rather than changing the view back to center. I cannot put my finger on why it changes from center to red cross view. Is there something I'm doing to change the way the spacebar works?Also, the tip on changing the pan rate in Camera.cfg did not do anything for the pan speed. Is there a way to speed up the pan rate in VC and outside views? In FS9 the command in the fs9.cfg was PANRATE=700. Thanks in advance,Dolph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The red cross is called "mouse look" and is activated when you hold down the space bar, or click the mouse look toggle key (shift-O but I have a dedicated joystick button set for it). In mouse look you can pan and move using the mouse. I find I only use this and almost never the pan hat.scott s..

I've seen the mouse look in the popup menu but I have never selected it. It does it by itself. I wish it would stop. I also wish I was a rich man.D.

>Hi all,>I am trying to like FSX (still after all these years) and I>have a small issue with the VC view. If I pan around, the>spacebar usuually puts my view back to center as it did in>FS9. If it does, it's only by accident.Ctrl-Spacebar is the "return to center" key combination.As stated, Spacebar by itself is "Mouse Look."Of course, YOU can swap these around yourself by simply modifying the Options/Controls configuration.