Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RFields5421

Non-matching ILS frequencies

I'm flying a third-party addon where the ILS frequencies do not match what's coded in FSX. Is there any way I can edit the aircraft database (PMDG files) to match FSX? What do other people do to avoid the frustration of having the incorrect frequency?Curt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I havent had the problem, but I always input the ILS manually in the PMDGJayXPPro SP2FSX SP2AMD64 FX-60 Dual Core 2.61 GHz8800GTS-640 megs2 Gigs Kingston RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

I change the frequency in FSX to match the PMDG data...because the PMDG data is usually more accurate and current.Remember, all of the nav data in FSX is from the years 2003-2004. A lot can change in 4-5 years.How do you change an ILS frequency in FSX? You use a program like ADE, or FSXPlanner, or AFX. Be careful changing an ILS. Often you can break the unseen parts of the scenery (the approaches)--and this is important if you are flying a PMDG aircraft especially.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett, thank you for your response. I'll start researching the programs you suggested to find one that does the job for me.Curt

RhettFS2004 airports and navdata database is about October 2002 based on a lot of checks of changes.FSX is April 2005 - as reported to us by Phil before FSX was released.