Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight Music

Been Away

On vacation for 5 weeks. Get back and fire up FSX to see some of the places I have visited and I get this error box message."SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.129. Click OK to continue" Anyone know of a fix for this. I can click ok and continue but it is annoying. Also, anyone know of FSX scenery for the west rim of Grand Canyon? We went on the glass bridge and it was really good.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Al you need to do is to either edit or remove Area 129 from your Scenery cfg file If you have windows XP you will find the Scenery Cfg file in the main FSX folder. If you did a default install that would be C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/FSX That Area should be toward the bottom of the file as the areas are in ascending ordera example is below[Area.007]Title=0004 BaseLocal=Scenery0004Layer=7Active=TRUERequired=FALSENotice the line that says local= this is where your problem is at the name has to be where the scenery is located this one is in the main scenery folder.

Excuse me, Gary, this has been an endless source of confusion.The scenery.cfg file in the root FS X folder is just a template. It is not the active scenery.cfg file.Any changes to this file will not make any difference in game.The active scenery.cfg file in Windows XP is in:C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSXEditing the scenery.cfg file entries can be done from within FS X - simply call up the Scenery Library and make any changes desired.tell-fs Guys, too many people have made this mistake. Could you please consider putting all templates in a specific Template directory so as to avoid confusion in the future?Best regards.Luis

>tell-fs Guys, too many people have made this mistake.>Could you please consider putting all templates in a specific>Template directory so as to avoid confusion in the future?>>Best regards.>>LuisLuis is so correct! This would be a great improvement in future releases. I second the motion.Phill

Here's a simple tip I use. When you access your FSX scenery file make a shortcut to it. Keep the shortcut in your main FSX directory. Now you don't have go through the C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSX and unhide and then hide files each time you want to change the scenery.cfg file. All you do is click the shortcut and make changes there and save them and they do register on the main cfg file.I regularly check my scenery.cfg file for errors as many of the installers by payware scenery makers sometimes mess up the numbering sequences.Lee