Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RFields5421

AI Flights/Parking spots

I fly between three or four fields mostly and I would like to add aircraft to particular parking spots at those fields. Most of the planes I am meaning are payware aircraft and not simple jobs either, but it would be nice to see them sitting there waiting for the next flight... if you know what I mean.Is there a way to do this (ignoring for the moment the hit on frame rates)?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

you can use a program like ADE (airport design editor which yu can get for free from scruffyduck software) to make AI airliners park at their appropriate gates. look in the avsim library under FSX scenery for airports Jim Cook, Ray Smith, or others have done. you may find the airport you are looking for or, as Ray told me, you can start making your own. which is what i did.

Creating an AI flight plan and putting an aircraft into a particular parking spot on an airport is pretty easy.You just need a unique parking code for the parking spot and the aircraft.cfg file fltsim.x section.However, I would caution against putting payware aircraft into any airport as AI.Most of them run 20-30,000 polygons or more - some double or triple that amount and almsot all without LOD modeling.What that means is three high detail flyable models on an airport as AI parked can have the FPS impact of 50 to 100 AI specific models on the airport.And unlike the AI specific models - the FPS impact will be full and severe from the moment the aircraft come in to visual range - 10 nm away from your aircraft.