September 13, 20251 yr After I land in VR, I want to taxi to the ramp in desktop mode. Of course, I know to press CTRL+TAB to switch to desktop, but I'm talking about taking off the Quest 3, turning it off, then setting it in it's holder. Next I'd put on my TrackIR hat and taxi back... But that seems like a lot of steps and wonder how best to do this? For those in the know, how do you do this? PC: AMD 9850X3D, RAM 64GB, Geforce GTX 5090 (32GB), MSFS 2020, MSFS 2024, Pimax Super 50PPD, Quest 3
September 13, 20251 yr Would the Quest 3 passthrough be helpful in what your trying to do? Win 11 pro 64Bit, MSI ,PRO X870E-P WIFI Ryzen 9800x3d, RTX5080, 64Gig G-Skill 6000 DDR 5, Samsung 990 pro 2TB NVME.
September 13, 20251 yr Author Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I'd prefer to look directly at the monitor as the passthrough is just too grainy for me. Thanks though! PC: AMD 9850X3D, RAM 64GB, Geforce GTX 5090 (32GB), MSFS 2020, MSFS 2024, Pimax Super 50PPD, Quest 3
September 14, 20251 yr Author 4 hours ago, nonflyingdutchman said: But why taxi in 2d?? This is where vr shines.. Thank you for your feedback! Flying over mountains in VR is where it shines for me. I really sense the depth and height along with the feeling of being in the cockpit in the air. On the ground, taxing back to ramp after landing, I find the buildings simply not crisp enough in VR. The sense of depth is not nearly as much as in the air...so, I'd like to try taxing in 2D after landing. PC: AMD 9850X3D, RAM 64GB, Geforce GTX 5090 (32GB), MSFS 2020, MSFS 2024, Pimax Super 50PPD, Quest 3
Create an account or sign in to comment