Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Zenra

Wilco E-Jets or PMDG MD-11?

I am coming back to FS after a while and am interested in anybody's opinions regarding the choice between Wilco's new E-Jets package versus PMDG's MD-11. Both offerings look great and I'd buy both if it were not for the time factor - there are only so many hours a week I can spend on flying sims and what I do fly I like to really get into and look for as much detail as possible. Anybody have experience with both products? Care to share thoughts regarding one versus the other? Recommendations appreciated!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PMDG MD-11 hands down.lol... nothing Wilco has can even come close to touching PMDG's aircraft.The MD-11 is pure FSX greatness.

They are both very good.The Embrears will take a shorter time to become proficient in than the MD-11.Visually, they are both equal in standard in my opinion and understanding the time you have available for flying I would go for the Wilco offering. ;)I am not taking any credit away from the MD-11 but, it's a longer learning curve and totally different from the Boeing's you may be already used to.If, by chance, you find you have more spare time available, get the 'MD' as it's superbly done.

Thank you both for the feedback.I've read that the Embrears are good but short on documentation. PMDG, on the other hand, not only does a tremendous job with their documentation but they make it available before you buy, which means you can read all about it and know exactly what you are getting in the way of systems and functionality. I am more interested in complexity of systems modeled, FMS features and procedures than I am with the visuals, so I am naturally drawn to the MD-11 based on what I've read in their manuals. For the Embrears all I have to go on are the advertising bullet points, screen shots and a few posts here.My time constraints affect more my time to fly sims than to study documentation. I spend a great deal of time in planes traveling for work and having manuals like those PMDG puts out are about my favorite thing to read during such time. The next best thing to flying the sim when I cannot do is is reading about all the things I can do and list things to try the next time I can fly. For example, I see that with the FMC in the MD-11 I can set fixes and lines depicting them will display on the ND so I can check positions against my charts - can you do this in the Wilco E-Jets? No way to tell - all I know from their website is that they have, "Ultra realistic and very complete dual FMS with Vertical Glide Path Mode and Coupled LNAV / VNAV".Thanks again for your thoughts!

Wilco E-Jets or PMDG MD-11?A burger or Lobster Thermidor?A sing-along at your local bar, or the Metropolitan Opera?Coney Island or Gleneagles?Tom Clancy or Shakespeare?...etc., etc.Petraeus

OK, I get it. After perusing more of these forums and reading the MD-11 System Manual the choice is pretty clear. Now if only the PMDG E-Store would come back online...:-mad