Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seems like every Windows update breaks speech recognition

Featured Replies

App is working (albeit for problematic ATC, which seems proper broken, and the developer seems to be in hibernation)

But... when I do a Windows update the speech recognition just stops working.

Will troubleshoot when I can...

MS changed something in the recent Win 11 update (August 2026), maybe it hits you?.
Google for "windows voice isolation KB5121003".

  • Commercial Member

This is a Windows issue. Some Windows updates even change speech recognition, microphone, audio output, etc. settings.

In addition to reviewing the KB article mentioned, going back through all the P2A setup instructions for speech and Windows audio settings might help.

And I'm not in hibernation. Heads down working on the program.

Dave

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author
On 8/19/2026 at 12:13 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

This is a Windows issue. Some Windows updates even change speech recognition, microphone, audio output, etc. settings.

In addition to reviewing the KB article mentioned, going back through all the P2A setup instructions for speech and Windows audio settings might help.

And I'm not in hibernation. Heads down working on the program.

Dave

But I check the Windows settings first thing.

I have just installed RC4... My Windows settings are all back to UK, English etc. Removed USA stuff as I had given on P2A due to not being able to get it working at all. Just launched RC4, and P2A is working again, even without US settings....

As for working on the program. I had posted stuff without a single response...

Also... could you move this forum to a place where you can post logs and pics, as it's massively hindering bug reports....

  • Author

A very successful flight from LIME to LEAL using P2A RC4.

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.