Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenery Preview - Great Basin, Nevada (Collection)

Featured Replies

After completing Ely and Eureka, I started thinking there must be other interesting airports in the Great Basin area that are feeling lonely and need some attention. It has taken about a week, but I now have two more airports nearly done. This should allow FS pilots to do some expanded GA flying in central Nevada's beautiful high desert environs. The collection includes Ely (KELY), Eureka (05U), Derby / Lovelock (KLOL), and Winnemucca (KWMC)

Ely

362ff0eca78e22327667a3166343ea11579b4f2a

4a6f42839380a62c1a19502faaaec1b62e5897b0

Eureka

0711f77c068441bf0063057e74e7a0f901fbc9db

07013abde41e891fbf4e86b0b3bf41fcba9f6642

Derby Field / Lovelock

14150e81eb4155df4cf5051a88abb61026a6e07e

a97d47258d04214cfc6bd5acd8ea37bd8664cc6c

Winnemucca

1e73e63c311696d0df528ca42c116b2f4f939eed

119acd71d4effba7821957a3528064a56b9f7175

cd16964c4d64f4318374ab4127c13eeac54d0e5c

  • Author

One more location lightly added - Hawthorne Industrial (KHTH), near Walker Lake. This is an enhancement to existing scenery by DangerousBanana.

5341213461c9c9da39265f63cceba9664d401e41

0633ea897538a0ff70a7fede2d52c54ea64b9595

  • Author

Flew into ELY (KELY) for the first time this afternoon. An excellent job - you captured the atmosphere very nicely. Thanks so much for doing this!

Scott

  • Author
11 hours ago, tttocs said:

Flew into ELY (KELY) for the first time this afternoon. An excellent job - you captured the atmosphere very nicely. Thanks so much for doing this!

Scott

My pleasure. I also did an ELY-BAM-WMC run last night in the TBM and it was truly a joy to experience the high desert like that

Some day I hope you'll consider doing O24 Lee Vining airport for MSFS2024. Love that little airport!

RobdeVries.jpg

2 hours ago, RobdeVries said:

Some day I hope you'll consider doing O24 Lee Vining airport for MSFS2024. Love that little airport!

There is a very nice O24 available for 2020, but I don't recall seeing any major issues there in 2024. It's been a while though, so I might have forgotten about or missed something.

Edit: or something may have broken in a recent SU. Don't think I've visited for some time.

Scott

Edited by tttocs

  • Author
4 hours ago, RobdeVries said:

Some day I hope you'll consider doing O24 Lee Vining airport for MSFS2024. Love that little airport!

Yes the existing O24 is really good. You should check to see if it works okay in 24.

Yes the MSFS202 is really nice! However unfortunately the rendering of rwy textures doubles the name of the airport on the rwy. And the original developer is rather quiet. So I thought since you're on a roll...

The airport belongs there you know, in this row of great californian airports, fields and strips. It's longing for a place where it can shine in MSFS2024 glory 😇

Edited by RobdeVries

RobdeVries.jpg

  • Author
2 hours ago, RobdeVries said:

Yes the MSFS202 is really nice! However unfortunately the rendering of rwy textures doubles the name of the airport on the rwy. And the original developer is rather quiet. So I thought since you're on a roll...

The airport belongs there you know, in this row of great californian airports, fields and strips. It's longing for a place where it can shine in MSFS2024 glory 😇

If it's just a texture object issue when it shows up in 24, I can probably just put together a fix for it, rather than conjuring up a new scenery of something already done by someone else.

Well uh yes please, that would be awesome and leave the great scenery by Zepingouin35 in tact.

RobdeVries.jpg

  • Author
3 hours ago, RobdeVries said:

Well uh yes please, that would be awesome and leave the great scenery by Zepingouin35 in tact.

Will try to have a look at possible fix over the next couple days. Depends on how the original scenery is built..we'll see

  • Author
On 9/15/2026 at 8:39 PM, RobdeVries said:

Yes the MSFS202 is really nice! However unfortunately the rendering of rwy textures doubles the name of the airport on the rwy. And the original developer is rather quiet. So I thought since you're on a roll...

The airport belongs there you know, in this row of great californian airports, fields and strips. It's longing for a place where it can shine in MSFS2024 glory 😇

I think I have managed to fix it and make it 24-compatible. The doubling of the airfield identifier and runway hold short line has been removed, and except for some small seams, it looks pretty convincing. Zeping's buildings and other scenery elements remain intact. What do you think?

o24test.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.