Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Static military airplanes in ms2004?

Featured Replies

I just downloaded a scenery of Nellis AFB and it have lots of static military ai aircrafts all over the base. Is it possible to somehow take them and place them at other airbases, and if it's possible, is it even legal or do I need the authors permission first?

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

You could probably do it on your own PC without any problems. If you wanted to offer the upgrades to others, you would need permission from the author.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

  • Author

Yes, it would absolutely just be on my own pc to give other airbases some "life". Now the question is how to do it :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

If you are prepared for a mild learning curve, you could implement custom scenery projects, like described in this video:

  • Author

I like how you call it "a mild learning curve", but for someone who have never understood the SDK way of designing scenery, it's anything but "mild" :-) The last time I played around with scenery design was win FSX (or FS2004, I can't even remember) with something called Airport Design Editor, and that was a lot of fun, but the way MS goes about it now is way out of my league :-) I'm looking for something like from aprox. 8:30 in your video, where I just can place objects without too much learning about SDK and the way it does things.

But it's a great video you have made, I'm just getting too old (past 70) to let it all sink in :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.