Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jlund

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jlund

  1. "You don't have to use FSHud Traffic if you don't want to - you can use other traffic sources such as AIG or MSFS live traffic for free" But I can't use FSHud as injector, right? That would have been one reason I would have bought it. I'm trying to avoid the Navigraph subscription model to get live ai traffic, as of now I use FSLTL models with Ms/Asobos default injector, and it kinda works, but when you're at a bush strip and see a United/Jetblue, Delta or whatever airliner parked there, it ruins some of the fun and realism of the sim. So AIG is probably the best bet right now, even though it isn't "live" traffic, but at least I have never seen it misplace airliners at bush strips :-)
  2. When I look at their website it says that FSHud is a 25 Dollar One time buy, and I don't see anything about a subscription, so what subscription is that you're talking about?
  3. I like how you call it "a mild learning curve", but for someone who have never understood the SDK way of designing scenery, it's anything but "mild" :-) The last time I played around with scenery design was win FSX (or FS2004, I can't even remember) with something called Airport Design Editor, and that was a lot of fun, but the way MS goes about it now is way out of my league :-) I'm looking for something like from aprox. 8:30 in your video, where I just can place objects without too much learning about SDK and the way it does things. But it's a great video you have made, I'm just getting too old (past 70) to let it all sink in :-)
  4. Yes, it would absolutely just be on my own pc to give other airbases some "life". Now the question is how to do it :-)
  5. I just downloaded a scenery of Nellis AFB and it have lots of static military ai aircrafts all over the base. Is it possible to somehow take them and place them at other airbases, and if it's possible, is it even legal or do I need the authors permission first?
  6. When I go on Inibuilds website, under Synaptic A220 terrain server and A380 Airliner reduced texture, it says OWNED under them, and clicking on them it says PURCHASED. Why, as I know I haven't got any of the the two products it's needed for (The A220 & A380)?
  7. I didn't have to make any adjustments. All default settings. You haven't changed anything in the Hardware sensitivity settings? I have tried everything on 0, and tried all axis' on both - & + at different values, but to no avail. I agree that it's a great joystick, but this problem takes the fun out of it.
  8. I would appreciate any suggestions, cause it's really tight and it hurts in my wrist if there's just a little crosswind, I have tried in hardware settings, but no matter how high/low I put it, that doesn't help. I hesitate to open the bottom and mess with the three screws, as I'm no tech nerd and as I mention in my first post, the screws are only for the X and Y axis. I have an old Thrustmaster Hotas One joystick, and it works perfectly, so it's definetly the Ursa which is the problem. Maybe I have wasted my money, but I hope I can figure out what's wrong with it.
  9. My Thrustmaster TCA Joystick gave up on me, so I was forced to buy a new joystick so I got the Ursa Minor instead, and I'm kind of pleased with it. BUT, I use it also for my rudders (Joystick Laxis Z), but I think it feels toooo hard to twist it, which makes it nearly impossible to turn on the ground. According to Winctrls manual, it's possible to adjust the tension with the screws in the bottom, but only for the X & Y axis, not the Z axis. Do you have the same "problem" or any advice on what I can do to make it less "tight"?
  10. Looking forward to the "airport design editor" or what you're gonna call it, that's what I've been wanting since FSX and P3D, where it was easy to spice up existing airports. I don't need to build an airport from skratch, just improve what's already there. :-)
  11. Not too much interest in this it seems, and I kinda understand why. After visiting your website I STILL can't figure out if it's a freeware, payware or subscription program and if it's payware, what does it cost? And from the looks of the already "made" airports, they're nowhere the quality of what we see people is uploading to the xxxxxxxx.to site. Why start from scratch, why not just make something where we can easyli place objects and stuff in the existing airports in MS2024?
  12. It may be a mistake, but I have ordered one from the Winctrl website now, and maybe I have lost my mind, but I took the chance and hope for the best.
  13. Looks like the Ursa Minor isn't for sale in Denmark and there's a high freight and toll on it if it has to be shipped here. But it looks like it may be worth the price. My trusty TCA sidestick suddenly started behaving funny, and I tried everything in sensitivity settings to dampen it, but no luck. I was 99% sure it had to be a fault in MS2024, so I tried it in Aerofly 4 as well, but sadly it was the same, so then I figured that the TCA had to be faulty. I'm not a handyman so I don't want to fiddle with repairing the TCA, and I think it's about time to get a new Joystick, and the Ursa looks like a good replacement.
  14. If I want to upgrade my Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick, what will you suggest being the next sidestick to invest in?
  15. I found it after I logged in to my old account, and yes it looks like they still have an AIRAC subscription only option to 37,24 Euro per year. Funny why they don't want people to know that it's still there, but as you mentioned, I guess they want people to get the Ultimate subscription instead. Thanks for the tip.
  16. I can't see anywhere on their site that it's possible to get an AIRAC subscription on it's own, you have to have the Unlimited sub. to get it? I would also like just to have the monthly AIRAC's as I'm perfectly fine with the LIDO charts that come with the sim.
  17. I don't own any of the Fenix busses yet, and I'm only interested in the Neo, so I'm glad it will be a standalone. I already have "lots" of other busses ie the Inibuilds and the Fbw's, but I think it's about time to have a "study level" so looking forward to getting the Neo.
  18. I don't mind waiting for the Fenix Neo, but was wondering if I have to buy the Fenix base pack (A320) for it to work, or will it be a whole new separate airplane? I hope for the latter so I don't have to invest in both, have they mentioned anything about that?
  19. All right I guess no one wants to answer this, but what if we throw the Aerosoft A330 Neo in the mix? Which one will you choose and why?
  20. I know they're two different aircrafts (330-300 vs 330-900), but which one of them are more advanced when it comes to systems?
  21. UPDATE: I finally figured out what the problem was, it WAS Chaseplane (probably it was my fault), just one little button Scroll to zoom was in the wrong position. But now it's working again, so all is good. :-)
  22. I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to do that, so that's out of the question, I might be able to take some screenshots of my mouse settings if I could find out how to upload them, that's as far as my computer knowledge goes. 😉
  23. That's the problem cause I did create another copy, but even setting it back to the default (Mouse 2024 Transversal & Mouse 2024 Planes), it still doesn't work. If I open the EFB with the Tab key, I have no problem zooming in/out on the map. I have considered un/reinstalling MSfs2024, but I honestly don't think that will make any difference, since from what I understand, all settings are up in the cloud, and will just be copied back. Isn't it possible to upload pictures in this group without having a website to link them from? Maybe a picture or two could better show my mouse settings?
  24. I think I might have mentioned my problem with zooming with the mouse before, but it's really driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to fix it. I used to be able to zoom in & out with the scroll wheel, but somehow I must have messed up the settings, cause now nothing happens when I use the scroll wheel. It's both inside and external views which is broken. and I have tried setting my General controls back to Mouse 2024 Transversal , and Airplanes controls to Mouse 2024 Planes, hoping to get the default settings back, but no such luck.. Any advice or solution will be greatly appreciated,
  25. Thank you, that is good news that it still works with both static and dynamic traffic without having to subscribe to Navigraph or using BATC or SI. I really don't care that much if the traffic is "live" as long as there's traffic, that's ok for me. I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.