Yesterday at 11:25 AM1 day Author My problem has nothing to do with the excessive pitch up. Christopher Low AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme UK2000 Beta Tester
Yesterday at 02:03 PM1 day 4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:I prefer to select the speed myself. However, it is not the pitching up or pitching down that bothers me. It is the "bouncing" that occurs sometimes when I do this. I do not believe that the 777 (or any airliner for that matter) should "bounce" up and down quickly at any time, particularly in calm conditions with a wind speed of 1m/s, and zero gusts.I generally increase the speed to 200 knots during the climb when I pass through 2500 feet. The aircraft pitches forward to accommodate this. Perfectly normal.In short, I have my own way of doing things, but the aircraft should still behave in a manner that obeys the laws of physics!To confirm what you mentioned, this is an intermittent behavior and is not limited to the takeoff/climb phase.As you correctly stated, “I have my own way of doing things.” That is perfectly reasonable. Pilots develop their own techniques and preferences, and the 777 allows for that. However, regardless of the technique being used, the aircraft's response should remain consistent with the aerodynamic and flight-control characteristics of the real airplane.What concerns me is not the initial pitch response when a new speed is selected, but the rapid pitch oscillations or “bouncing” that can sometimes follow. In calm conditions, particularly with only 1 m/s of wind and zero gusts, that type of rapid, repeated pitch response would not be representative of the real 777.I would suggest making a short video demonstrating the behavior. That would make it much easier to identify exactly what is occurring and under what conditions.If what you are describing is the same small, rapid pitch oscillation I have seen, then I recognize the behavior. Similar micro-oscillations have been present in the simulator environment going back to FSX. From my experience with the real 777, this is not representative of normal aircraft behavior and is something that should be addressed in the flight model/control-law implementation rather than attributed to the pilot's technique. Freshly retired after 41 unforgettable years on the Boeing 747. The flying days may be behind me, but the memories never will be. Now I have the privilege of sharing those experiences—and continuing to learn alongside the next generation of pilots—in the Level D simulator. Aviation has a way of keeping us all pilots, no matter how many hours we've logged.
Yesterday at 06:55 PM1 day Commercial Member As others have mentioned, the 777 flight model hasn't been right since it came out on older platforms. The flight characteristics aren't too accurate and don't even get me started on the taxiing 🤣
Yesterday at 07:13 PM1 day Author Taxiing in the 777 feels OK to me. It is the 737 that can feel a bit "shopping trolley" when making subtle adjustments during take off and landing. However, even that feels generally fine to me 95% of the time. Edited yesterday at 07:14 PM1 day by Christopher Low Christopher Low AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme UK2000 Beta Tester
18 hours ago18 hr 8 hours ago, rick celik said:don't even get me started on the taxiing 🤣For taxing, it's also in its own code, but it can be helped a bit by changing to this[CONTACT_POINTS]point.0 = Name:Wheel_Central#Properties:1,70.3,0,-13.72,1500,0,1.791,55,1.401,1.4,0.450,13.5,13.5,0,485,0,5 max_speed_full_steering = 65max_speed_decreasing_steering = 102min_available_steering_angle_pct = 0.02steering_time_constants = 6,9allow_stopped_steering=1spring_exponential_fix = 1 Freshly retired after 41 unforgettable years on the Boeing 747. The flying days may be behind me, but the memories never will be. Now I have the privilege of sharing those experiences—and continuing to learn alongside the next generation of pilots—in the Level D simulator. Aviation has a way of keeping us all pilots, no matter how many hours we've logged.
13 hours ago13 hr Commercial Member 5 hours ago, LRBS said:For taxing, it's also in its own code, but it can be helped a bit by changing to this[CONTACT_POINTS]point.0 = Name:Wheel_Central#Properties:1,70.3,0,-13.72,1500,0,1.791,55,1.401,1.4,0.450,13.5,13.5,0,485,0,5 max_speed_full_steering = 65max_speed_decreasing_steering = 102min_available_steering_angle_pct = 0.02steering_time_constants = 6,9allow_stopped_steering=1spring_exponential_fix = 1Thanks I'll give it a try 🫡
Create an account or sign in to comment