Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

A question about Airports of Entry

I want to simulate an air taxi/charter FAR 135 ops and I want to work the San Juan island airports and Victoria and Vancouver CA areas (using of course the Victoria+ and Vancouver+ scenery for FSX) my question is I like to do this as real as possiblemy question is if I fly out of CYYJ and then fly into say KFHR or KORS, or any other little island there in the USA - do I have to fly into a major airport first? like KSEA? or how does this work? It was my understanding that you have to fly into an AoE first then to your destination.thanksciao!Brian S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Brian.>...do I have to fly into a major airport first? like KSEA? I guess your **first** landing must be in a AoE.The airport may be big or small, no matter.==================================== Here's what we did, a friend (the pilot) and I,in a real flight from CYUL to KOSH, this summer. Take off from CYUL, and landed to SAULT STE. MARIEfor gaz AND customs ! It was intentionnal, tocombine gaz/customs. And back to Canada, our first landing in Canadawas SAULT STE. MARIE for Gaz/Customs too.It's unbeleivable, but IT IS the same name on both sides. B-)They are both at the EAST tip of Lake Superior.Blus skies.