Sign in to follow this  
boshar

I bought a new TV

I had my old 19" TV for such a long time, but when I saw the ads for the new model, WOW was I amazed! I mean the brochure just blew me away, the pictures there were just incredible! I truly believed this experience was going to change my viewing forever! I drove straight to the shop the day it was available and was first in line to buy it..Installation took quite a while and this thing was so heavy. I could have sworn it was built like those old CRT's in the 90's! They actually made me ring some guy in Bangladesh to activate it. Once in place I fired her up, but at first all I got was a black screen. To my surprise the sticker said you must configure everything in the settings and tune all the stations before you can watch anything! Undeterred I proceeded to go into the menus to set everything up. However many settings had really strange names and I had no idea what I was doing - shame there was no manual for this!Two hours later I was ready to go, so I reset the TV to start her up. At first I saw a picture, but I soon realized it was only flickering every couple of seconds. It was really like being in the meeting and watching the presentation. Then I attempted to access the settings again, but as soon as I did the screen went purple and it reset itself. After it restarted I got the flickering as before! Then after some testing I realized that this TV was not going to work with my XBox or DVD player. I needed to get new models to work with this TV. At that point my friend said he could smell burning coming from the back of the TV. I then decided it would be best to take it back to the shop.The next day I drove back to the store with the new TV. Then I explained all the problems to the sales rep but he just nodded his head and smiled funny. He said there is no hardware problem with your TV, it's all in the firmware and another company is responsible for that. He said the warranty does not cover this and you have to wait for an update from the firmware company because its their fault. Then I left the store and drove back home with the TV. After I got home I rang the firmware company and explained the firmware problems with my new TV. They were quick to advise me these were known issues and these were already posted on the blog 2 months ago! They said its my fault and I should have read about this on the blog first! Then I asked when I could expect a patch to fix the firmware problems in my TV. At that point they said we have already published the last patch already and we are now working on the firmware for the next generation of TV's! Then they mentioned this is written on the blog as well! So now I am stuck with a TV that doesn't work...

Guest fsxmissionguy

I bought an ice cream cone one day. Hated the taste, even though lots of other people liked the taste.I spent the next 4 years complaining about it until one day, someone told me to get over it. It's just freakin ice cream.So I did.Not for nothing ... but if you had spent your money on a decent computer instead of a 19" TV and a new van ... maybe you could play FSX.It's all about choices, dude.

>I bought an ice cream cone one day. Hated the taste, even>though lots of other people liked the taste.>>I spent the next 4 years complaining about it until one day,>someone told me to get over it. It's just freakin ice cream.>>So I did.>>Not for nothing ... but if you had spent your money on a>decent computer instead of a 19" TV and a new van ... maybe>you could play FSX.>>It's all about choices, dude.Ha Ha, as Larry the Cable Guy says..."that's funny right there":-lol :-lol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I bought an ice cream cone one day. Hated the taste, even>though lots of other people liked the taste.>>I spent the next 4 years complaining about it until one day,>someone told me to get over it. It's just freakin ice cream.>>So I did.>>Not for nothing ... but if you had spent your money on a>decent computer instead of a 19" TV and a new van ... maybe>you could play FSX.>>It's all about choices, dude.:D as the juveniles say, "WERD!".RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I bought an ice cream cone one day. Hated the taste, even>though lots of other people liked the taste.I never bough the ice cream. Tasted a sample from a friend and I couldn't believe they tried to sell that a such a high price. Now I have to wait for the new flavour they will make in a few years time.Meanwhile I'm glad I never bought the ice cream cone myself. I would have felt robbed. A few months later I bought a box full of the old ice cream flavours. They even had some of that rare 4.0 add-on stuff. On top of this fine collection there also was our familiar ice cream cone. I made quite a good deal on the box with the old flavours so I gave the seller the ice cream cone back with the advise to sell it on its own. He wasnt into ice cream (just selling his old friends stuff) so I informed him that it was the most current flavour and he might get quite a good price.Some flavours just don't do it for me I guess.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

And some tried the ice cream when it first came out of the churn, and it was a little bit off-flavored. But then after it had sat in the freezer for a day or two it tasted a lot better, most people seemed to think. Some people even commented that "this is what happened a few years ago when they changed flavors, too".Anyway, most people kept the old flavors around just in case they wanted to eat them every now and then. After all, no one was stopping them from eating both kinds of ice cream. But for the most part they liked the new flavors so much better they ate them most of the time.Sometimes, a few of those who liked the old flavors of ice cream came over to sit with the people eating the new flavors. They came over not to socialize and converse, but rather to tell them how much their new ice cream tasted bad, and that the store they bought it from was no good. Never mind that they never really tasted the fully cured new flavors. They didn't care--they just wanted to prattle those who ate the new flavors for some odd reason yet unexplained. After months and months of this prattling, finally the police came and arrested those people, and the court put out a restraining order against them so that they could never come back.And peace was restored to the chairs in front of the ice cream shop, and they all lived happily ever after.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

All this talk of TV's and Ice Cream is making me hungry,,,,, Think I will go watch a Flight Video DVD and eat some Blue Belle Vanilla Ice Cream......

Guest fullstoplanding

It's been my experience when you buy from the large chains, i.e., Target, Sears, WalMart, Sam's Club, you simply return the item with receipt of purchase, tell them you're not satisfied and they will refund you're money. Many stores charge a "restocking fee", usually 15%, because some people buy an item, especially cameras, with the intent of using it a short time only.Roger

Aw... but I even tried that new SP2 taste. (It was easy the old ice cream was still there on my HDD) The only thing the new fresh SP2 taste convinced me of was to free up that HDD space and give up on the new taste al together (*now hat they stopped any work on tweaking the taste)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg