Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Flying the Flight

The wife took a fligt from KORD to RJTT. Chicago to Tokyo. I have decided to replicate this flight as best as I can. It is neat as I really feel that I am doing an interesting trip as the wife is in the craft. JimCYWG

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Enjoy - however I suspect her destination is RJAA - Nartia New Tokyo International. Haneda - RJTT is almost exclusively domestic traffic.But it's a long flight - I've flown across the Pacific over 30 times. On a KORD-RJAA flight, I could get drunk, sleep it off and get pretty well lit again before the flight ended.

That's right Reg. I just typed in Tokyo into Google and that was one code that came up.ThanksJimCYWG

funny that, i'm flying into Tokyo Narita (from Brisbane) on the 9th of January :).

I'll second that!I had the "bright idea" of flying the Lear 45 trans-atlantic once I realized it could hold a boatload of fuel. Took off from JFK since Roosevelt Field is a mall now )-: and headed for LFPB (Le Bourget). I thoroughly enjoyed the whole (7.6 hr) trip... especially since I was constantly assessing whether I would have to deviate due to (low) fuel. Logbook says I had 500lbs of fuel remaining which I am sure is less than a half-hour (way below my GA limit of one hour).FSX really keeps it interesting with the visuals... great stuff.Rob O.

That fuel thing is neat. I usually just put around in the 747 and don't worry about fuel. Well, I must have somehow changed FSNav fuel to show 5000 lbs per hour. That is just for one engine. I need 20,000 for 4 engines. Well I get about to Fort McMurray, CYMM, and realize I ain't gonna make it. Luckily I can declare a fuel emergency with Radar Contact. It was late and I saved and will land and fuel up at Ft. McMurray later on. Take off will be tight as the runway is not that long. Peddle to the metal and away we will go.JimCYWG

I'll try that Geofa. On another note, I phoned the wife in Thailand. You may as well use two cans and a string, that's how bad it was.JimCYWG