Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michal

Garmin goes synthetic vision

This was probably expected sooner or later. Having huge 10 inch PFD's with just brown/blue stuff and so much real estate virtually unused left many of us with the impression that 'something' was missing. The pictures below show some of the capabilities of the new system. Highway-In-The Sky is there too as can be seen on the 2-nd shot. But I think it is going to be expensive, with the extra $10,000 for these new features you are looking at around $90,000 for these toys.200%38%304-cessna-GarminSVT_Runway%20Ident.jpg200%38%304-cessna-Garmin_SVT_Pathways.jpg200%38%304-cessna-Garmin_SVT_Obstacle.jpgMichael J.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

IFR just got a whole lot easier.

>IFR just got a whole lot easier. Yes, and I'm glad to hear it! Still far too many flight into terrain accidents. The Garmin isn't exactly cheap, but we do have several "easier in the budget" products for use in the experimental/homebuilt/kitplane market. Here is one example.http://www.grtavionics.com/I'm guessing sooner than not, that this 3D sythetic vision will be the norm for many handheld GPS's too. It already is, to a small extent.L.Adamson