Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Panel edges and anti-aliasing

Hi all,A few weeks ago Fr. Bill gave me a tip on how to illimiate "view drop" when switching panel views by defining the main panel as transparent, and overlaying the other panels on top of it.It was a perfect fix. It also exposed an issue that I had noticed before but could never get to clearly until I made the main window in Bill's method. There is a black line at the bottom of the window (See attached screen).I dont mind it because it is not interfering with the view at all, infact I would like to increase its size. The reason I wish to do this is because when I turn anti-aliasing on the 2d panel gets a 1 pixel transparent border around the screen edge... this is ugly to say the least. By increasing the hight of the black line, I could at least illiminate some of the anti-aliasing artifacts.I noticed that this line can grow prior to applying Bills fix above when I was trying my panel on a variety of AC. (on one plane it obscured half the screen).So, the question is, how do I make it stay a particular size and/or ratio?TIAShadImage one is if the AA artifactImage two is of the black line at the bottom of the screen.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The "black line" you are referring to is a product of how the [Default View], which is always [Window00] is defined in this section:[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=3900The SIZE_Y= entry defines how far down the screen the "outside view" will extend. Normal usage is to set the value such that it stops just a few pixels below the top edge of your shortest 2d panel...With FS Panel Studio it is easy to set this value with a simple click-and-drag operation on a WYSIWYG screen. Without FSPS it will involve quite a bit of faffing around to determine the ideal setting... ;)

Thanks once again Bill. I visited your site yesterday... I am duely humbled.Alas, I am doing everything in a simple XML editor. So faffing has become a way of life. But the upside is I know the inside of my configs like the back of my hand (ask me the co-ord of any gauge, g'head, ask). :) hehehI had noticed I could drag the edge up with the mouse in flight. I have no way of determining the actual frame rate, but "seat of the pants" measurement suggests I get a bit more fps when the view is smaller as it covers up some of the world. Is this accurate or simply wishful thinking?ThanksShad

I am by no means an expert on this, but I've had some success eliminating the one pixel bleed through by increasing X and decreasing Size_X, this is equivalent to grabbing the scenery by the edge and moving it over, using the mouse.e.g. X=5, size_X=8182What I do not understand, is why subsequent panel windows, like a Landing View, do not allow the scenery background to be narrowed and continue to show the AA one-pixel distortion..Anyone have this licked?