Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Elaspsed timer reset

Hi all Stuck with how to get a single push button to cycle my timer On, Off, Reset to zero. Here's what I got so far. %ET %((P:ABSOLUTE TIME, seconds) d (G:Var1) - r (>G:Var1) (L:OffOn,bool) if{ (G:Var2) + (>G:Var2) } (G:Var2) 3600 / 24 % 1 (G:Var3) case d flr )%!02d!:%( 1 % 60 * d flr )%!02d!(L:OffOn,bool) ! (>L:OffOn,bool) can anyone help

Paul EGLD

Hi, Not exactly your code, but this should work (or almost :-))%ET %((L:MyVar, seconds) (G:Var1) (P:ABSOLUTE TIME, seconds) - abs 0 3 (L:OnOffReset,enum) case (>L:MyVar, seconds) (L:MyVar,hours) int)%!02d!%:%((L:MyVar,minutes) 60 % int)%!02d! (L:OnOffReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d (>L:OnOffReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:ABSOLUTE TIME, seconds) (>G:Var1) } Starts in reset mode (L:OnOffReset,enum) = 0Then to On mode, begin to sumThen to Off mode, freezes valueThen to reset, back to 00:00TomNote: Beware GVars reset to 0 whenever ALT_ENTER or Panel ReloadsI'd recommend to use a LVar instead

Tom Tried that but don't have the first two zeros showing (Hours) ET :00 and no counting. Cycle button changes OK but button is in another gauge so no sure the G:vars link. Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi Tom Worked it out, one typo and changed the G:vars to L:'s works good. Thanks Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi,Can you give the code?Interested too.Cannot get it to work.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan This works OK, The click is in a seperate gauge. %ET %((L:ETVar, Seconds) (L:Off1, enum) (P:Absolute time, seconds) - abs 0 3 (L:OffOnReset,enum) case (>L:ETVar, seconds) (L:ETVar, hours) int)%!02d!%:%((L:ETVar,minutes) 60 % int)%!02d!(L:OffOnReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d (>L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds) (>L:Off1, enum) } Paul

Paul EGLD

>>>Hi Jan> This works OK, The click is in a seperate gauge. >> %ET %((L:ETVar, Seconds) (L:Off1, enum) (P:Absolute>time, seconds) - abs 0 3 (L:OffOnReset,enum) case (>L:ETVar,>seconds) (L:ETVar, hours) int)%!02d!%:%((L:ETVar,minutes) 60 %>int)%!02d!>> (L:OffOnReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d>(>L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds)>(>L:Off1, enum) }>> PaulPaul/Tom,Since I am still getting used to RPN (I've always used in-fix based languages to program), could you please perhaps walk through this and explain why/how it is working? Better yet, if you'd be willing to translate to infix I'd be very grateful.Thanks,J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

J-,Pseudo code would be like> (L:OffOnReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d> (>L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds)> (>L:Off1, enum) }"If (L:OffOnReset,enum) is lower than 3, add one to (L:OffOnReset,enum) else assing 0 to (L:OffOnReset,enum)""If (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 1, save (P:Absolute time, seconds) value to (L:Off1, enum)" %ET %((L:ETVar, Seconds) (L:Off1, enum) (P:Absolute>time, seconds) - abs 0 3 (L:OffOnReset,enum) case (>L:ETVar,>seconds) (L:ETVar, hours) int)%!02d!%:%((L:ETVar,minutes) 60 %>int)%!02d!"If (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 0, assign 0 to (L:ETVar, Seconds)""Elseif (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 1, assign the difference between (L:Off1, enum) and (P:Absolute time, seconds) in absolute value (to get rid of minus sign) to (L:ETVar,seconds)""Elseif (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 2, assign (L:ETVar, Seconds) the same value it had on the previous cycle""Make FS automatically convert (L:ETVar, Seconds) to (L:ETVar, Hours) and remove the decimals to prevent roundings." "Make FS automatically convert (L:ETVar, Seconds) to (L:ETVar, minutes) ;obtain the remainder of hours' multiplo and remove the decimals to prevent roundings". "Express all this stuff as ET HH:MM, with leading zeros"This was the best I could do :-)Tom

>J-,>>Pseudo code would be like>>> (L:OffOnReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d>> (>L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds)>> (>L:Off1, enum) }>>>"If (L:OffOnReset,enum) is lower than 3, add one to>(L:OffOnReset,enum) else assing 0 to (L:OffOnReset,enum)">"If (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 1, save (P:Absolute time, seconds)>value to (L:Off1, enum)" >> %ET %((L:ETVar, Seconds) (L:Off1, enum) (P:Absolute>>time, seconds) - abs 0 3 (L:OffOnReset,enum) case (>L:ETVar,>>seconds) (L:ETVar, hours) int)%!02d!%:%((L:ETVar,minutes) 60>%>>int)%!02d!>>>"If (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 0, assign 0 to (L:ETVar, Seconds)">"Elseif (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 1, assign the difference>between (L:Off1, enum) and (P:Absolute time, seconds) in>absolute value (to get rid of minus sign) to>(L:ETVar,seconds)">"Elseif (L:OffOnReset,enum) is 2, assign (L:ETVar, Seconds)>the same value it had on the previous cycle">>"Make FS automatically convert (L:ETVar, Seconds) to (L:ETVar,>Hours) and remove the decimals to prevent roundings." >>"Make FS automatically convert (L:ETVar, Seconds) to (L:ETVar,>minutes) ;obtain the remainder of hours' multiplo and remove>the decimals to prevent roundings". >>"Express all this stuff as ET HH:MM, with leading zeros">>This was the best I could do :-)>>Tom>>> >>Tom,Thanks. Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't see any if else structure in that code - neither do I see the ? operator (L:OffOnReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d(>L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds)(>L:Off1, enum) }

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Tom,>>Thanks. Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't see any if else structure in >that code - neither do I see the ? operator>>>Click> (L:OffOnReset,enum) ++ d 3 != * d> (>L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds)> (>L:Off1, enum) }I used "if/elseif" as pseudo code to make things more understandable. Here bool maths ("3 != *") are replacing "if{" structures.A more "standard" XML phrase would be: (L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 + s0 3 < if{ l0 } els{ 0 } (>L:OffOnReset,enum) (L:OffOnReset,enum) 1 == if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds) (>L:Off1, enum) }TomEdit: In the section I used "case" operator, that searchs for a "passed" value among three stack values. Something likeSelect case a case a = 0 case a = 1 case a = 2End selectAgain, the "if/elseif" was mere pseudo code