Sign in to follow this  
kunzel4

OFFSET IN XML

Hi Gurus ,I have a question for all of you .How is possible to have a XML gauge using the standard offset from FS ?For instance , the offset for AP VS is 02C8 , so , how to get the VS output in offset 02C8 ?Thanks for your help.Alberto Kunzel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi Gurus ,>>I have a question for all of you .>>How is possible to have a XML gauge using the standard offset>from FS ?>>For instance , the offset for AP VS is 02C8 , so , how to get>the VS output in offset 02C8 ?>>Thanks for your help.>>Alberto KunzelThe answer to your specific question is no, it is not possible. Only C gauges have the capability of reading directly from a pointer's address (which is what an "offset" really is).However, I should point out that this is a "bad idea" on several levels, but the worst case is that there is absolutely no guarantee that the pointers will remain the same in FSX.In fact, I can categorically state that many pointers (offsets) will be changed in FSX. How do I know this? Simply because Susan Ashlock (Lead Panel & Gauge Programmer at ACES) told me... ;)

If by offset, you mean the FSUIPC offset, I'd say it's a fair bet that Pete Dowson's next version of FSUIPC for FSX will preserve the mappings we have thus far. As I understand it, a good number of the data elements moved in FS2002 and FS9, but were re-mapped to preserve compatibility with a FSUIPC data structure which has remained fairly consistent since FS98.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Hi Bill ,I will explain for you my problem and maybe you have a good idea how I can solve it .I built a MCP for my cockpit based in a chip which receives information from a small Delphi software which extract from FS the values of Course,speed,hdg,altitude and vs .In order to get those values I used the FS9 offsets . When flying the FS9 planes I have no problem all displays show the correct numbers , but when flying , for instance, the DF737-400 ,the altitude and vs are not displayed , the offset for altitude and vs are not the same of the FS9 planes , and nobody knows the offset for DF737 .My question is , may I extract the values of Altitude and VS from the DF737 MCP and to output them with the FS9 offsets ?Thanks for your help,regardsAlberto Kunzel

No. They are apparently using custom C variables for their displays, and you have no access to them... In fact, since the pointers (memory addresses) used by C variables is dynamically allocated on panel load, they will be different every time they are initialized! :~P