Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ABE

What to purchase? Advise Please! Wilco 777?? PMDG747?...

Hi All...I have both MSFS9 and MSFSX.. I have lots of Megascenery for MSFS9 and PMDG 737 600/700 & PMDG 747 for FS9. My birthday is coming up, and my wife and daughter are asking me for gift ideas. Since I am such a Flight Simmer, I am thinking about asking them for some Sim Stuff... So, I am looking for ideas about what to get. In a way, I'd hate to get more addons for FS9... but I might be wrong here. Any ideas? I am considering either the Wilco 777 or the PMDG 747 for FSX... I am a bit concerned about moving to the Wilco. Does anyone have any experience with it? Since I have the PMDG 747, will I be confusing my self with having two different sets of commands? Or should I get Megascenery for MSFSX... Honestly, although I have MSFSX, I don't use it much b/c of all the addons that I have for MSFS9/Anyway... I know... Such a problem to have.. But any ideas would be appreciated.ThanksBob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I am considering either the Wilco 777 or the PMDG 747 for>FSX... I am a bit concerned about moving to the Wilco. Does>anyone have any experience with it? Since I have the PMDG>747, will I be confusing my self with having two different>sets of commands?the wilco/feelThere 777 is not designed to have the level of system detail of the PMDG 747. as a 'fleet' aircraft -[blockquote]Complexity of some procedures and/or equipment functionnalities may have been reduced to suit beginners and medium skilled simmers.source: http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_777[/blockquote]--edit: clarity--

>>I am considering either the Wilco 777 or the PMDG 747 for>>FSX... I am a bit concerned about moving to the Wilco. Does>>anyone have any experience with it? Since I have the PMDG>>747, will I be confusing my self with having two different>>sets of commands?>>the wilco/feelThere 777 is not designed to have the>level of system detail of the PMDG 747. as a 'fleet' aircraft>-[blockquote]Complexity of some procedures and/or equipment>functionnalities may have been reduced to suit beginners and>medium skilled simmers.>>source:>http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_777[/blockquote]>>-->edit: clarity>--Thanks.. I was worried about that. Do you know anything about the Level D 767's?? Or something else with simliar detail as the PMDG's?Or, perhaps I'd just be better off getting the PMDG 747 400 for FSX. I hate to have the same aircraft duplicated, but this may be the best choice.Thanks

The Level D is also very detailed. Similar to PMDG.

The Level-D is an excellent aircraft, very detailed and accurate. Definitely on par with PMDG. Probably your best choice, IMHO.

>The Level-D is an excellent aircraft, very detailed and>accurate. Definitely on par with PMDG. Probably your best>choice, IMHO.Thanks to everyone for all the info. One more question though.. will I get confused moving from the PMDG to the Level D... And I think that Level D has an option to put it in either MSFS 9 or MSFS X... Thanks in advance.Bob

If you are comfortable with PMDG 747, you shouldn't have any problems with Level D 767. There are different version for FS9 and FSX.

>If you are comfortable with PMDG 747, you shouldn't have any>problems with Level D 767. There are different version for FS9>and FSX.Hi,I also think that the 747/767 is much more complex than the Wilco aircraft - however, the Wilco aircraft will give you at least twice the framerate performance of the 747/767.I have the Airbus series Vols 1 and 2, and they provide superb performance - particularly compared to the 747 from PMDG.If I get 18 FPS in the 747, I'm getting 30 fps in the Wilco's.

As far as I am concerned, I keep it SIMPLE. I still enjoy the 747's, regardless of the authors (even though I do have my preference among them), over any other aircraft. I spent quite a bit of time flying the 747's and the 747SP's, working as service manager in the cabin.Of course, I like other models......but not as much. If you prefer a certain model than the other, go for that, or better still, go for ALL if you've got the money.Abe