Sign in to follow this  
3Green

TCAS by Lee Hetherington question

I've installed Lee's TCAS (File name: ilh_tcas_v4.zip) to an aircraft, and wonder if their is a tweak I can do, so that when I turn aircraft power off, the TCAS gauge turns off like all the other gauges? Any Ideas?Thanks

I suspect not. If Lee hasn't included a 'power switch' that can be accessed from the outside world (e.g. the TCAS power is tied to the AVIONICS_ON variable) then there will be nothing that anyone else can do to add an on/off switch.-Dai

Van thanks.... Downloading now.... Man-o-man... you guys are great... You've all always helped me out with questions I've posted...Thanks again Van...

Oh No... I need help again... LOL..Van, I've downloaded the guage, and installed them in the panel.cfg file. However, no instructions came with the gauge and I can't figure out how to get it to work. I add these lines to the panel.cfg file:gauge73=ilhtcaschange!TCASControl, 68,419,100,49gauge74=ilhtcaschange!hotspot, 10,724,46,42I click on the hotspot, and no joy. Any ideas?Thanks again..

Hi,You need probably also:gaugexx=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 0, 0, 10, 10, trafficinfo:yes Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Van

Put this line at the bottom of your main panel window, usually window00 in your panel cfggaugexx=ilhtcaschange!TCASCONTROL,1,1,1,2the x's replaced by your next available gauge number.Regards,VanP.S. I don't use the hotspot. I have this setup in my df727 and when I power down the aircrat my tcas gauge always responds with the other gauges (power off)

Van and Jan... Hey thanks again for trying to help me out...I've tried almost everything I can think of, and did both your suggestions, but still no luck with power off. (see attached Pic)Could it be that Lee's current version is not compatibale with the file:IlhTCASChange? Here is a copy of the important lines in my panel.cfg:gauge07=ILH_TCAS!IVSI, 396, 602, 118, 117, PIC:nogauge72=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 0, 0, 1, 1,gauge73=ilhtcaschange!TCASControl,1,1,1,2I've removed the PIC:no as well, but still no luck...Anywho, thanks again for all you're help, I'll just live with it.. Besides, I don't have the power off in FS2004 very long anyhow.. LOLhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160545.jpg

Guest Van

Very strange, you have everything in the panel cfg you need. You do need to have pic:no. I am using the most current gauge from Lee by the way. A silly question I know, but you do have the ilhtcaschange.gau in the FS2004 main gauge folder correct? and if so then it must be a compatibility problem with Richard Probst's panel and the ilhtcaschange.gau Regards,Van

Van, yeap I'm starting to think its a conflict with Richard's panel?? I tried the ilhtcaschange.gau in the panel folder, in the FS2004 gauges folder with no luck... At this point I'am going to try another panel and see if I can get it to work there...I'm currently in the process of upgrading from FS2002 to FS2004 and trying to move some of my aircraft over with all the extra's...Thanks again for the support.... I have not given up yet, and will revist this, if I get it working on another panel..Cheers and thanks.....

Hi,Strange, works perfect for me.NB, my gauges are named:ILH_TCASand TCASchange....?This is my .cfg:[Window00].....gauge03=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 1270,880,10,10, trafficinfo:yes gauge04=TCASchange!TCASControl, 1270,900,10,10[Window14].....ident=859 gauge00=ILH_TCAS!IVSI, 0,0,100,100, pic:no fontscale:1.1 other:45 blueplane:noJan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hello all... Just another thank you for all you're help.. I got it working tonight...Not sure what fixed it, but I did two things. Changed the "PIC:no" to "pic:no" - no caps.But I think the main problem was that I had the ILH_TCAS and the TCASChange gauges in different folders. I placed both these guages together in the panel folder and it worked..Thanks again for pointing me to the file, and all your support afterwards...Update: The problem was the Caps "PIC:no". It has to be "pic:no"

Guest Sparky_Pilot

Hi to allPutting a reply on this post, almost 3 years after the last response :( its crazy, but i'm starting to be desperate... can't find Lee's TCAS anywhere to download :( I know that AVSIM library is beeing restored, but, after seeing screeshots, can't wait to have it in my Airbuses :( Have check other TCAS applications, but none seems nice as Lee's gauge.By the way: Does the TCAS gives aural warnings, like the real ones?Thanks in advanceRegardsSparky

Hi,Look for: ilhtcas4.zip at www.flightsim.comJan