Sign in to follow this  
OneDownOne2Go

Triggering events from select-statements in XML

Hi,once more, it's me with a neewbe-question. Sorry for that...With all the kind help, programming goes along quite well. Now I found a new problem I cannot solve and find no hints on:I want to trigger an event depending on conditions checked by a select-statement. The idea is to create a virtual "co-pilot" that will do certain things he would do in real life. Like operating the gear, flaps, spoilers, airbrake, thrust-reverses etc. based on simulator-conditions and a preselectedt mode like taxi, takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approch, land etc...Looks like this:(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) (L:VCP_FLU1_SPEED, knots) ><-trigger event here->I Also tried:(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) (L:VCP_CONTROL_SPEED, knots) >(>K:FLAPS_UP)as a basic test. I Know this will fire the trigger over and over again as long as condition is true. But it just did nothing.. What do I have to do to fire a trigger here?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Try something like:(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) (L:VCP_FLU1_SPEED, knots) >if{ (A:FLAPS HANDLE INDEX,enum) 0 > if{ (>K:FLAPS_UP) }or something els you want. } els{ here something different. }Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

What you try to do (triggering events in a Case construction) simply isn't defined in XML.The usage of the Case construction (unlike in "normal" programming languages) is very limited in XML.As far as I know, the Case can only be used for two things:1. Selection of an Image (the construction you mentioned)2. Selection of a value (numerical or string) from a list, based on the value of an enumerated variable.Like in:10 20 30 3 (G:Var1) casethat pushes the value 10 , 20 or 30 onto the stack if (G:Var1) is resp. 2,1, or 0.Or in:'string1' 'string2' 2 (G:Var1) caseBut, as Jan said, what you are trying to accomplish can simply be done with (nested) if-els constructions.Rob Barendregt

Just to add one thing Rob forgot to mention (I learned a lot from him, so I guess this is nothing new to him...)To trigger an event only once use a spcific variable for this, which by default has a zero value. But after the triggering set this variable to something different like this:(L:test,bool) 0 == if{ -trigger event- 1 (>L:test,bool) }So the -trigger event- will only be executed once.Simple, isn't it?Herbert

>Just to add one thing Rob forgot to mention (I learned a lot>from him, so I guess this is nothing new to him...)>>To trigger an event only once use a spcific variable for this,>which by default has a zero value. But after the triggering>set this variable to something different like this:>>(L:test,bool) 0 == if{ -trigger event- 1 (>L:test,bool) }>>So the -trigger event- will only be executed once.>>Simple, isn't it?>>>>Herbert>Hi,The other way could be useful as well: (My Condition to fire the event) (>L:test,bool)......(L:test,bool) if{ -trigger event- 0 (>L:test,bool) }since then one can have control of the moment the event needs to be fired. If the trigger is (L:test,bool) 0 ==, as soon as the gauge initializes the event will be fired automatically, which may not be desirable in many circumstances.Tom

Hi,Question:Something like what I use:(L:vnav switch,enum) 1 == if{ (L:vnav pitch,bool) ! if{ (>K:SYNC_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_PITCH) 1 (>L:vnav pitch,bool) } } els{ (L:vnav pitch,bool) if{ (>K:SYNC_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_PITCH) 0 (>L:vnav pitch,bool) } } Afaik there is no A:Var for the K:Event??Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Thx alot for all the help.My virtual co-pilot works well by now.. just in time to find that others had the same idea and solved that already. Well, at least I learned something.