Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

APU voltage always zero

Hi all,why does my (A:APU VOLTS, volts) read zero all the time?I've checked the SDK and looked for any cfg file requirements, etc.cheers,nick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi all,>>>why does my (A:APU VOLTS, volts) read zero all the time?>I've checked the SDK and looked for any cfg file requirements,>etc.>cheers,I assume you've1. started the APU - (>K:APU_STARTER)2a. turned on the APU - (>K:APU_GENERATOR_SWITCH_TOGGLE)or2b. turned on the APU - 1 (>K:APU_GENERATOR_SWITCH_SET)I've coded the APU in a C gauge with no problems, so I'd assume that the XML events will work just as well.

Thanks Bill,I didn't know you had to switch on after the start.I'm using the APU as a GPU and had the following.(A:APU PCT RPM,percent) 1 > if{ 1 (>K:APU_OFF_SWITCH) 0 (>L:CLSvlj_apu_lamp, bool) } els{ 1 (>K:APU_STARTER) } So I'll add the switch-on variable and see what happens.Can I have a second APU?I have a two battery system. I was thinking I could use a second APU to simulate the second battery.BTW, I try to email you from time to time but they get rejected by your ISP as spam. At least the forums work.cheers, and thanks for the help,nick

FSX only supports a single APU, so the 'short' answer is no you can't.Be careful about using the APU as a 'battery'... because unlike a battery, it uses fuel. ;)