Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsspn

cabin pressurization - unable to set

Hello friends,my aircraft needs different settings of the cabin pressurization at different flight levels. i think every other jet does too.there is a variable called "PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE GOAL", but there is no way, to change its value of "-2000 ft", a very unusual flight level. There is no event-id-variable corresponding to.does anyone have an idea, how i can set the correct cabin pressurization?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello friends,>>my aircraft needs different settings of the cabin>pressurization at different flight levels. i think every other>jet does too.>>there is a variable called "PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE>GOAL", but there is no way, to change its value of "-2000 ft",>a very unusual flight level. There is no event-id-variable>corresponding to.>>does anyone have an idea, how i can set the correct cabin>pressurization?KEY_PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC - Increment PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOALKEY_PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_DEC - Decrement PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOALKEY_PRESSURIZATION_CLIMB_RATE_INC - Increment PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_RATEKEY_PRESSURIZATION_CLIMB_RATE_DEC - Decrement PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_RATEKEY_PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_DUMP_SWTICH PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE - Current cabin altitudePRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL - Desired cabin altitudePRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_RATE - Cabin altitude change ratePRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_DIFFERENTIAL - Difference between cabin and outsidePRESSURIZATION_DUMP_SWITCH -

I think my question was wrong:surely i can read the SDK- variable list. But there is no way to SET the PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL.FSX automatically uses this variable, if airborne.How can i say FSX to set PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL to i.e. 2500 ft?

>I think my question was wrong:>>surely i can read the SDK- variable list. >>But there is no way to SET the >PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL.>>FSX automatically uses this variable, if airborne.>>How can i say FSX to set PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL to>i.e. 2500 ft? You are correct. There is no "...SET" key-event. However, Ed listed all of the available key-events, so you surely could write a simple "if" statement to achieve your task?(A:PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL,feet) (L:TargetAlt,feet) K:KEY_PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC) }

hello Bill,i tried this and it has an effect to PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE but nothing changes PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE_GOAL (i used this variable to display in the MFD). I don't know, whether ACES has some functions behind this value. By the way... i think i will ignore this variable and choose your solution with a little change:(A:PRESSURIZATION_CABIN_ALTITUDE,feet) (L:TargetAlt,feet) K:KEY_PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC) }THANKS!

Does any of this work? I persevered with this and got nowhere. I contacted MSFS team and got a not very convincing reply.Ended-up doing it all with L:Variables and some complex math and logic. This was a more flexable method anyway.If you get it to work, I would be interested.Cheers, and merry Xmas.nick

ohh yes... you are rightmy testing was overlayed by another effect, so i thought it works. But PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE keeps on automatically decreasing until -2000 ft is reached (the value of PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE GOAL ) So i have to make it completely with L: - variables.PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE has a correct value only when aircraft is on ground.