Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

BMPs with the MinGW compiler

I'm having an odd issue, and I think it might be related to the MinGW compiler.If take a straight, unaltered 24 bit BMP and stick it in a gauge, it renders fine, although I may get some dithering.However, if I take steps to modify that same BMP by running it through various tools, etc., this results in the BMP being offset slightly to the right in the panel window (in fact the right edge will wrap around over to the left side).It's odd.I just compiled the same gauge in Visual Studio and this weird shifting/offset issue does "not" occur. So I think the problem is with the MinGW compiler.Anyone experience this? Any reason why the MinGW compiler would do this?Cheers,Bryan

Yes, which is one of the reasons why I gave up using EG as anything other than a quick prototyping tool.8bit bitmaps compiled with MinGW are horribly mutilated and destroyed... although they may still display well in FS, the way the pixels have been shifted results in strings/mouse areas that depend on precise pixel coordinates to be misplaced.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator