Sign in to follow this  
Bernhard777

Autogen Trees

Hi,at the moment I'm planting some autogen-trees on a photo-scenery with MS Annotator. I want to place them very near to the ends of the runway of an existing MS-standart airport. I can place them left or right the runway without problems, but I cannot place these trees before and after the runway. There is a distance of about 1/2 mile behind or in front of the runway-end, where no trees are visible, although I placed them with annonator at that place. There must be an stadart-exclude for that place. Can I change this exclude by myself, or is that not possible?Thanks.Bernhard Scharbert

Hi Bernhard,No, that exclude is part of the default runway. I think the easiest way to get trees there is to place them as 3D objects instead of autogen.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest clmax

Would something like treeplanter work for this?

It certainly would.

Hi,thanks for your answers. Of course it works with other programs, I made it in the meantime with Lago FSE. But I hoped there would be another way, for that I could make it with FS-Autogen. Coz it's very easy to work with Annotator and then I could be sure, that all trees are looking the same way in every season.Bernhard

Bernhard,TreePlanter can use the default tree textures so you will see exactly the same trees as autogen. It optionally will use Gerrish Grey's textures.George

George,I tried it with TreePlanter, but I couldn't see the trees. I know, it is a very easy program and I tried all to see them, but I had no success. I don't know where the fault was. But TreePlanter is not very practibel with photo-scenery, coz you see the result only when restarting FS again. There is no visual editor, like in Annotator or in Lago's FSE.Bernhard