Sign in to follow this  

Hi Everyone,I am now getting seriously into tinkering with Scenery and AFCAD2 - however, not overly impressed with the default textures.Does any clever person out there know what the actually textures are for the following AFCAD2 textures assignments.ConcreteGrassWaterUnknownAsphaltGrass2Grass3TurfSnowIceUnknown2Unknown3DirtCoralGravelOil TreadedSteelBitumusBrickMacadamPlanksSandShaleTamacI am aware that these are supposed to be default textures and the implications of changing them - however, I would really like to know which texture file is associated to the attributes above so that I can at least experiment with them.Thank you in advance.

Have a look in this folder C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 2004TextureTas

Here is a small file I made a while back with the AFCAD textures laid out in a grid. The new "airport" is out in the California desert and the code is KLET.

Thanks mate for the little layout of the grids.I tried that with one of my scenery BGL's - but my problem is/was identifying the actually texture files used to create those textures.I have found most of them now - they are in the main texture directory and start with either taxi or runway for the various textures used. So slowly working through those to see what happens when I edit them etc.Thank again for you support in resolving this problem - appreciated.

What did you come up with for Unknown2 & 3, Garry?If Lee had continued on with AFCAD maybe AFCAD2.3 would have allowedany texture you wanted. I have this dream where AFCAD meets EZScenery and marry! :-)FaxCap

Hi Mate,For the unknowns mate, they remain unknown :-) - Grass Grass2 and Grass 3 all seem to be the same. Yes it is a shame that AFCAD2 just stopped - an incredible program that is dead easy to used thanks to the outstanding efforts of Lee.Mixing EZ scenery and AFCAD would indeed be a unique product :-)

Garry:Would it be possible for you to share a chart or table or spreadsheet matrix :-hah of the AFCAD texture file associations you discovered with the users here?Thanks.GaryGB

Hi Gary,After some considerable tinkering and testing I have whittled down the textures that appear to be utilised by AFCAD2. There are quite a few different ones with some still a little ambiguous to me at the moment.All of the textures are in the default Texture directory.The ones that start with Taxi_ seem to cover most of the textures referred to in FSCAD - some implied different ones in AFCAD2 such as grass2 and grass3 appear to use the grass texture and I could not see any difference in selecting them.Taxiway_detail.bmp seem to be a BUMP image - used for lumps and bumps elevation of the images - still tinkering hereTaxiway_marks.bmp seems to have some of the markings such as the stop points - the edges and markings used.There are also a large volume of bmp files starting with runway that are also used by afcad in the main directory but I have not started to experiment with them yet.When I have finished tinkering then I will work out someway of sharing them all with you and making them obviously usable.For an example of what I have tinkered with so far, below is a link to a little slide show of my latest project which will show you some of my tweaked textures.http://www.gjsmith.net/private/Transload/T..._Base_YTMD.html 1.5mb slide showRegards