Sign in to follow this  
GaryGB

FSX Scenery & Compressed Drives...Y or N?

Hi All:I was wondering if anyone here could render an opinion on the advisability of installing scenery files (including those already in FSX itself!) on to a NTFS compressed drive?I posted elsewhere inquiring about this, and must now assume that I needed to ask some of the Uber Geeks here about it in order to get an informed response (actually 'any' response thus far!:-roll )See:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...63895&mode=fullThanks for any ideas someone might share on this.GaryGB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Gary,Good question. I had compressed the entire Microsoft Games directory long ago, so the installed FSX was also compressed automatically,Size: 13.3 GBSize on disk: 10.8 GBThose dds textures just don't compress any more than they already are.I suppose that this has the same advantage as before.Best regards.Luis(not a geek! hates computers! really)

Hmm, I attempted to install FSX to a compressed folder which seemed to work. However, the next day I had many crashes requiring several re-installations (and registrations). I finally installed it to an uncompressed folder and I've had no further problems.George