Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Please help with an odd scenery issue...

If you could shed some light.After re-installing a bunch of Scandinavian and European sceneries this past week-end, and installing some new, I have a very strange object that has 'popped up' at Seattle off RWY 34.Here are a couple screen shots:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175176.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175177.jpgNotice where this is located. I have done a search for any modified files, and replaced my texture folder with a back-up I had zipped up. I even replaced the Seattle .bgl with the original MSFS file.As I don't do any scenery design anymore, I don't know what tools may be available to see what object is being associated with this location, which may give a clue to how to the rid of the offending file.I've placed myself at various default airports, but this object never re-occurs anywhere by Seattle....which is odd, as I was not adding any American sceneries this past weekend.Any help or suggestions on tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.

Well the obvious thing is to look at any new files added into your Addon Scenery Area since you updated your scenery. Chances are it is coming from an addon bgl file. It might be necessary remove or rename them one at a time until the object goes away

Thanks Jon, sometimes common sense makes the most sense ;)Turns out it was/is an airport file I recently installed; Skelleftea in Sweden. Not sure what file is the offender within the scenery folder, but that should be easy enough to figure out.Strange this would show up in Seattle??There is a bglcomp.xsd file in the scenery folder, perhaps this should be removed?

I do not really find it strange, the default location when you export objects for Fs2004 from GMax is next to the runway of Seattle. So it seems they forgot to change it for this one or maybe it is a test object that was left in the scenery :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno.I have not designed scenery in over 10 years now, and back then I was using the Airport program and scasm, thus I have little knowledge of how GMax works, but that would probably make sense.I have simply deleted the scenery, as it was fairly limited anyway.Thanks again.