Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murf

Anyone seen those cloud screenshots of CFS3?

Man, why can't the default ones in FS2002 look like that. Looks like there 'true' volumetric type clouds.

Eric 

Hi, They are not volumetric, they are still 2d like fs2k2 at this stage, look the edge of the clouds. Easy to have in fs2k2, The performance is the problem, I am working on this now, new clouds coming, cb , cumulus, high resolution etc....ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Wooo Finally a word about the upcoming clouds.. :-sun1 Getting close to having any screen shots to drool over perhaps? Not to pressure you into anything your not ready for.. Been looking forward to the high altitude clouds you hinted at a few months back..

Guest Timbo

CFS3 seems to have eliminated some of FS2002's cloud problems like stretching, flipping, etc. It's shaping up to be a great game![TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!]

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Hi, "eliminated some of FS2002's cloud problems like stretching"I have fixed almost this on my upcoming new clouds by using higher resolution in fs2k2 and I have fixed the cutting line high level clouds cirrus also.Ps: The lates beta of cfs3 the clouds should be simulating the "volumetric clouds" better than fs2k2 paper thin.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Bob_D, Now I am working very hard on clouds to finish them all to move on for others projects like generic texture/nights lights. We will have BIG Cb , Cumulus and the high/mid level clouds in 2 resolution, normal and higher for better cpu performance, they will look much better. Also fs sky world v2.0 with new feature. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cwright

Chris, You (and, of course, your team) are a marvel. I'm sure the wait will be well worth it. Many thanks. Best regards, Chris Wright

Guest Murf

Hi folks,I've been wanting to try the FS Clouds for a while now, but I'm not sure I completely understand what the utility does. I always fly with real world weather using FSMETEO. Will FS Clouds work with real world weather? Or is it only for setting up situation wether?Thanks,- Murf