Sign in to follow this  
Guest waltch

FS2004

Hi,does anyone know if PAI traffic will be compatible with FS2004? So can I just copy and paste my aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt and can I just use the PAI aircraft if FS2002?

Guest Joshieca

You'll get a faster response by asking or searching for this at the PAI site...but I would have to say that yes it should be compatible. Maybe not everything right out of the gates but within a few weeks it should all work....all but the R/AFCAD stuff...that might take a while. :)You can just drop into place your traffic.bgl file and copy over your aircraft, but then you will loose the default flights from non towered airports which MS has made for FS2004. Lee Swordy is working a new version of traffic tools for FS2004 and it should be out by the end of the month or the start of Aug.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Hi,what do you mean with "...all but the R/AFCAD stuff..."Does this mean we have to live with the few gates that MS put at some odd places of the default airports? Without AFCAD - how can we correct taxilines, gates etc. for add-on airports?What benifit do I get from my realistic UT, if there are only 4 default gates at an airport?I don't think, tha I will really like this! ;-)Wolfgang

Guest Stamatis

The current AFCAD is not compatible with FS2004, so until and if a new version is released I'm afraid that you will have to live with the default airport arrangements.Stamatis

Hi,I understand that MS has included more default parking spots in FS2004, so it won't be as bad as FS2002. However, it's not as many as we had with AFCAD airports, so that improvement will have to wait for a new editing tool.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Joshieca

>Hi,>>I understand that MS has included more default parking spots>in FS2004, so it won't be as bad as FS2002. However, it's not>as many as we had with AFCAD airports, so that improvement>will have to wait for a new editing tool.>For some airports yes....but for most there is only like maybe one or two extra spaces if you are lucky....there is a real need for an AFCAD type program.....I hope that Lee continues his work, and brings it to us.

Guest Captain Barfbag

At some point over the last couple of months, I read a post that said FS2004 would support gate assignments by airlines, providing the functionality that we now use RAFCAD for. I haven't heard any more about this. Does anyone know whether or not this is in FS2004?

Guest waltch

I would agree with most of the above statements:If the AFCAD section is not working in FS2004, these programs can hardly be called 'compatible'. The AFCAD-part is in my opinion a very important feature of programs like Ulitmate Traffic in order to get AI-traffic working correctly.If that feature is not working, these programs need a major patch which again probably is dependable on the release of the SDK of MS.So let's just be straight: They are not compatible in the present form!Walter

Guest H_Kev55

Walter,Here it is, straight from someone who has used both PAI and UT in FS9.THEY ARE COMPATIBLE.Which means, they work....Just because AFCAD for FS02 doesn't work in FS9, doesn't mean that other files wont.PAI and UT do not need AFCAD to work. AFCAD simply allows more gates which in turn allow more PAI and/or UT aircraft to be seen.It is not the fault of PAI and/or UT or AFCAD that FS9 has too few parking spots.But I can assure you that Mr. Swordy is working on new versions of his great programs.http://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest H_Kev55

This is indeed the case.This idea was kicked around by those that congregated in the AI area of the FS9 beta, which included many PAI/RAFCAD members.You will be able to assign the default FS9 gates to specific airlines.While I was not part of that particular discussion, I believe it can be done in the aircraft .cfg file or in the AFD files.I will hunt to find the exact explanation for you.KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest Joshieca

It will be assigned through the aircraft.cfg file...but it will require the wait for the Software Development Kit to come out from Microsoft....lets hope that it comes out soon.

I've been looking for that myself. The aircraft config file looks pretty much the same as 2K2. I doubt they are using the ATC name as that doesn't always match the airline name. The only other thing is the ui_variation name. John Fitzpatrick

Here is how it is supposed to work. There is a line that will need to be added to the aircraft.cfg files that will assign various airlines to each livery. Then each gate can be assigned to one airline.So what this should allow us to do is assign a UAL 747 to UAL and also all the other Star Alliance members. The UAL 747 will then first try to park at a gate with a UAL designation. If none of those are available it will go down the list of all the other Star Alliance members, in order, until it finds a free gate.Matt

Guest waltch

This is maybe a little bit a theoretical debate and just bores down to the question how you define 'compatible'....My understanding of compatible just seems to be bit different from yours. A agree that it is not UT's fault that FS9 has not enough parking spots.However, the UT that I bought (fantastic program by the way), came with 3000 AFCAD's that I was able to install in FS2002. This is definitly not possible in FS9 and needs a patch (I know they are working on an upgrade) and therefore the program - as I bought it - is not compatible in my understanding.Walter