Sign in to follow this  

Now thats FLY III is out of business, What about Fly II

Guest Eric

Can anyone explain me why the graphic in FLY II looks gloomy and have no life in color? I mean there is always a layer of glosery and does not have great realisme, same thing for the water, why the water look all the same color all over the world? sometime I see line in the horizon? the visibility is locked ? My installation is wrong or whats ? I need standard graphics here, IMHO FLYI still better than FLY II in many area.FLYI simersEric

Hey, even the title alone can get you in trouble here ..Abot gloominess and strange coloring - I agree. But I guess you can either tolerate it or even like it (like most FLYII users) or simply don't use it all.Eric, isn't this N-th identical post from you ?. Something in the back of my mind tells me I have seen this before. Maybe I am wrong.Michael J.

Guest captbulldog

Wow, 1st post and he started hacking the forum already? :-lolFlyIII is out of business uh? Really? Wow! I must have missed that annoucement.

Eric,Upgrade your Fly!II to the current patch and change your sky to one of the many great offerings in the file library. The "gloomies" have been gone a long time.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eric

Thanks Randall I will try :-jumpy

Ummmm I think your right Michael... Kind of gives it away when they post with No Email, No Profile, and no ability to send them a private message. I swear I hear another gnat in the room. :)TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 28.32ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

Also install Todd Klaus's 'Texture Enhancer' to improve the default terrain texture colorings!

I did't know that FLY III was out of business ;) Henrik

Guest Eric

Thanks David for support me, I am new here, I download now :-jumpy

Guest Hagar

Well, you got attention for shure, Eric....LOLAbout the gloominess I do agree. But you can fix that easily with Todd`s Texture Enchanger, and the result is like a new sim.Also, for the ocean, try Fly II VFR Ocean. If you add Jure`s clouds on top of all that & some decent scenery you will be blown out of your chair :)Check my link and you`ll see !

Guest Colins2

Hi David,The texture enhancer is included as part of the TerraScene 2.1 installation.When you select to get the TRI textures from within Fly!, they are enhanced when they arre extracted.Colin

Guest captbulldog

I don't know what he means by "water look all the same color". Sounds like the dynamic water is turned off on his set up. If so, turn it on!

Well I checked the link to see ...The clouds are the highlight and are quite good. The greens of the terrain are still quite gloomy which is specially visible around airports. Water has very nice texture with ripples but its color still gravitates toward this infamous "neon" look. But the worst part about water in FLY that it has no variation due to depth therefore looks `flat`. Bathymetric world water mapping is really something that adds so much to sim experience. I have been flying in the Caribbeans (in this other sim) and simply can't bring myself to fly anywhere else bacuse of spectaular water color, animation, true reef - shading, etc. One fellow from the University of Hawaii put 400 hours into this "water project" of his and results are simply astonishing.Michael J.

Michael,I have an obsessive appetite for natural looking water in flightsims, can you please post some screenshots of the Caribbeans - or if thats too naughty, could you give me a link to said water.Kind RegardsAndy

Andy,You can find it in Avsim library under Ed Truthan (author). Under scenery for FS2002. It is over a 20 MB download - there are 2 main downloads: effects (animation) and texture replacement. There is yet another program that is a front end GUI to manage all these goodies. If you use Ed's last name in the library search you will find all 3 components.I am like you, I am absolutely nuts about water .. and night time lighting.Michael J.