Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Where is glidernut these days ?

What has happened to glidernut over the past few months ? He seems to have vanished.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

You're correct there, Chris!Anyone been out over the mountains recently? I'm concerned that he may have gotten carried away with all the new trees... Anyone got a direct email?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Hi Chris & Jon Its me glidernut, Im back.I strugled for 10 weeks to get my PC working properly agen. No good.Iv got a new one nouw. A good one. The best I could fined localy.An ADVENT Pentium[R]4 3.06GHz, thats the CPU speed that FU3 likes so much.Wot! you allredy knew that? O!NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440Windows XP Home Edition, wel I think its for the good, when Ivfound out wher everything is and how to operate it?And I got Brord Band.Wow! wot a diferents it makes.My new e-male isjohn.lewis@freeuk.comThe ferst thing I did was install FU3+2.I had to do it three times bifor I got it right.I kept puting the rong CD in the rong CDROM, I got 2 now.Iv installed it licke Chris Low has, with the mirerd imijing,thats to say without the outer terane.Now I can inadvertantly wonder off the map and get lost, its grate.Merry Christmas to you all.glidernut.

Hello John!Nice to see you back!I was also missing you - into the forum to discuss the FU-series.-This forum will never be the same without your exellent backup`s.Take Care.And to all Simmers!"Merry Christmas-and Peace on earth".Lars Peter.

I can't wait to upgrade my PC John, and the 3Ghz Pentium 4 is also the one that I would like to get. Hopefully I will be able to get one in the first half of 2003. I bet your framerates are impressive !By the way, if you have installed my packages, I would be interested to know what framerates you are getting at some of my upgraded airports (including all those trees). I don't know if you use anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, but I am interested to know just how high the framerates are likely to be with these two activated when I do finally upgrade.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Chris, Well useing all my old FU3-cfg, Weather, & video card setings. Frame rats are up from an averige of 20 to an averige of 50.But after puting all video card setings to the max ie4x Antialiasing4xS Antialiasing2x AnisotropicVsync onAnd all sliders in Options to the max.Frame rats are dowun to an averige of 25.The best thing about this is that it seems to mack littl or no diferancewether Im flying in the moutons without a model in sight, or Im flyinglow over a lot of models lick your trees in sanfran by the Golden gate brige.Are sumthing interesting. Wen the sanfran screen is lodeing it don,t go ping & stop lick it did.And I don,t have to pres Escape to continyou.And theres no pause lick there sumtimes was.It seems there is no problem as to the number of models in FU3 in the fucher.FU3 just keeps geting beter & beter.glidernut

Guest R_Driscoll

Glidernut, its so great to have you back! We have missed you so much here on the forum. And I'm not jealous ofyour new computer. At all. Not even a little bit.(sob)Rob D.

John,My average framerates with my 1.2Ghz Athlon Thunderbird are around 13, with everything at maximum detail, 1024*768 resolution, 4xS anti-aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering. Very high density locations can reduce this to as little as 8fps in F5 external view mode :-eekMind you, keeping the view firmly locked INSIDE the cockpit is a good way of keeping framerates from getting too low.I have had a look at those Alienware PC's at www.alienware.co.uk, and they look rather tasty :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Rob D, Ye its feels good de back. Hang on Chris! I only got 2x anisotropic filtering.I dont have the option to have any mor than 2x anisotropic.Thats not fier after whot it cost me. Mind you it seems to work ok, in that I get no shimering.And the 4xS anti-aliasing is allsow working well. I say that cusI know from expereance that just bicus the settings say Iv got 4x AA dus not neseseraly meen im geting 4x AA?Its lick the speedo in my car gose up to 100 MPH.But theres no way my car will do 100 MPH.Well not unles it was pooshed out of a transpor plane at 20,000 feet. By the way I smoke rowlups and drive a LADA. No dont larf, It just meens I got my spending pryoratis right.All on FU3.By the way, what dus the stand for in 4xS anti-aliasing ?glidernut

Your videocard, the Geforce4 MX440 only goes up to 2x Anisotropic filtering. If you want more, you have to buy a better videocard = spend even more money on the computer :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi,I have a GeForce 3 Ti 200, but I have set anisotropic filtering to 8x using RivaTuner. However, I strongly suspect that the GeForce 3 does not support 8x.So tell me.......what DOES it support ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png