Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

DirectX 9

Is anyone using this latest version of DirectX with FU3 ? I cannot imagine that it will make any difference whatsoever, but you never know :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes!I have tried DX9 for several days, and on my PC. I could not seemuch differense with FU3.One thing I noticed was that newer games had some better and more clear colors with my Voodoo 5 Card.-Especially MS.fs2002.But when flying this sim,and the videocard began to load night textures with lights etc.- my mashine got a huge framerate hit with DX.9.installed.So with my low end mashine there was no more fun, so I switched back to DX8.1 -Using my "config autocheck program".It would be interesting to know how new mashines will run, and with other videocards.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

I instaled DirectX 9.0 about 2 days ago.I benchtested my grafix rendering abilitees bifor and after instaling DirectX 9.0 useing an 3 year old bench testing program called [Video2000].It takes about 5 minits to run the fall 20 tests, and givs you a scor at the end.Or individual scors for individual tests, if you pefer.It tests things like high polygon count; bump mapping (environment & embossed); texture rendering speed; fill rate; and image quality, and so on and so on.Acording to the abuve tests, DirectX 9.0 improoved my system by 10%.But in all onisty Iv not notest any diferenc in FU3.Thees benchmarking programs are grate fun to wach in progres.Thay consist of several diferant vidioes under test at the time.If only we could get one of thees programs to use FU3 Black Boxes insted ?Then we would know presysly what works best for FU3.There are more up to date benchmarking programs hear, unfortunatly not free.http://www.futuremark.com/products/glidernut

I didn't notice any difference in FU3. I installed the latest Catalyst drivers at the same time as I installed DX9 (Catalyst is ATI's name for their drivers), and they gave some improvement in FS2002 with my Radeon 9700Pro.At least FU3 still runs. I feared it would stop working after updating, since it's a rather old game.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP