Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Backup your PSS files

Guest albertomolteni

>"C/Documents and settings/Your Name/Application>data/Microsoft/FS9/Aircraft...."Could somebody pls tell where>to find this in Vista??? ThxShould be C:UsersYour NameAppDataLocalMicrosoftFS9 if not try C:UsersYour NameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFS9 - AppData is a hidden folder IIRC, you'll need to tell Vista to show it.

Guest peter54

Thx Alberto found it.Peter

Guest knack

Many thanks, Rob!We all appreciate the effort you and John are putting in for the many PSS customers out there.Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Maybe I've missed a post or 2 about the PSS 757 and 777, which I have. Since my XP OS crashed on me the other day, I will need to reinstall EVERYTHING. I have copied over many of my files to another hard drive and was wondering if I will be able to re-install the PSS Boeings without their freak'n installers. Do any of you have a complete list of folders/files/fonts that I will need in order to accomplish this or am I pissing in the wind until PSS gets back online...if ever?Thanks!Joe

See this topic in this forum... topic #36204 . It's a lengthy discussion of the files and file layouts.DJ

Guest dudeman

Hi all.I too had to do a re-install (new drive) and the only problem I am having is a "Runtime Error 76" "Path not Found" with the A320 Load Editor.Anyone have a fix for this?Dave.

>See this topic in this forum... topic #36204 . It's a>lengthy discussion of the files and file layouts.>>DJDJ...thanks for pointing me to the right place. Since I've not tried manually installing a complicated set-up like the PSS aircraft, I will likely miss something and screw it up anyway. If that's the case, I'll have to look for another 777 elsewhere and live with the fact that I spent ALOT of $$$ on both add-ons.

Joe,Give it ago; its pretty straightforward as long as you have all the files. And there is usually someone around here to help.How did you back up: the whole FS9 folder or individual aircraft?John Rooum

>Joe,>>Give it ago; its pretty straightforward as long as you have>all the files. And there is usually someone around here to>help.>>How did you back up: the whole FS9 folder or individual>aircraft?>>John RooumJohn,So far I have only backed up all of the PSS folders, main effects folder and main guages folder. I suppose I should back up the main sounds folder,too. Or, should I back up the entire FS9 folder?

I would back up then whole FS9 folder. You can always delete what's not important later.John R

Recently I uninstalled my 757 as it was giving me an CTD everytime I used it, I did not know PSS downloads would not work anymore so I did not back anything up so I have no 757 files on my comp. How can I re-install it?

Unfortunately you may be out of luck regarding installation...especially since you deleted everything. I copied the entire FS9 folder to another hard drive before I reformatted my raptor hard drive, but I haven't tried to manually reinstall the 757 and 777 yet. I'm still in the process of reinstalling all other add-ons before I get to the PSS products. I'm saving the hard part...last.

My situation is somewhat unique. Over Christmas my hard drive and back up drive both were subject to a power surge. I lost all of my data, back ups and keys. I didn't get back till the after the New Year and... well... PSS is no longer. I've looked for answers through this forum and took the advise to check with Just Flight. I've emailed Just Flight about downloading the 777 and the 757 from their website, however they say that their version is not compatible with the keys from PSS. Just Flight, however, was very very nice and pointed me back here. Any more word, internal or otherwise on the status? Is there any way I can get replacement software?Thanks,Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.