Sign in to follow this  
Guest SnaJet

On the subject of suggestions for future RC

Guest SnaJet

Hi AllFirst I have to say that RC is a fantastic program that I use 99% of the time I fly anymore. (rarely fly online anymore) There are however a couple of things that I would like to see changed in the next version. The first and formost would be a repeat or "say again" key as I sometimes miss the message or part of it. The other would be a way to turn off the Go-Around feature. It seems that every 2nd or 3rd flt I do no matter what airport I use or what time of day or night, I find myself firewalling the throttles and sucking up the gear for 20 min return to my approach.Also a way to get our callsign in to the program would be great. heheAnyway it is a great program and worth every penny.

if you want the say again feature, turn off pilot autoreplyin v4, coding and testing now, i've figured a way to stop all the ground ai from taxiiing on to the runway. so when you are cleared to land, you can be assured that there won't be any surprises when you come through the clouds and see the runway :-)i'd like to be able to allow every callsign. but as long as i have to record, and have 20+ other people record all the wav files, it is hard to put them in, in the middle of a release.but if voice synthesis ever makes it to the big leagues, you can bet i'll be using it :-)jd

Guest mmcevilley

>in v4, coding and testing now, i've figured a way to stop all>the ground ai from taxiiing on to the runway. Life just keeps on getting better ... ! ;-)-michael

In the latest version of FSUIPC 3.125 the docs say for developers an API is included to give some instructions to AI, unless I misread it. Maybe since you already use FSUIPC you can take advantage of it.

already have. i'm coding and testing rc 4.0 now. when you are cleared to land, i stop all the ai planes from taxiing in front of youi also have, thanks to the trig talents of one of my beta testers, a function that will detect possible ai conflicts with your plane, when the ai plane is still 40 miles away. next step is to vector the ai plane and you, to avoid the conflict.jd

Bless yourself, Pete Dowson, and all the mathematicians.I do not know what happens in the real world, but would the avoidance vectors just involve headings or altitude changes as well. I suspect only the first to keep the probability count simple and avoid VFR if at the lower altitudes.'Twill be a very nice feature. Thanks.

doug will be our expert on that. but yes, vectors, altitude changes, speed increase/decrease would all be possibilities. there are only so many things we can do.we could also direct you to the checkpoint after the next one, if that will give us some seperation

Guest MSMITH6

JD-Regarding future enhancements:Since FS9 ATC is "ground aware", what issues are involved with making RContact the same?How about taxi directions and "pink-striping" like FS9?In real life, when deciding on a new destination, would this constitute having to file a new IFR flight plan? Could this be done in RContact like the in air filing in FS9?Thanks-Mike SmithPS- Is there any place which has the updates to RC3 all included in one file? Program updates, wave files, etc.?

Good to see RC is still going forward.While we are talking about changes we would like to see here are mine :)Would it be possible to have RC not only tell you are cleared for a certain SID or STAR but to also have the controller mention speed restrictions and altitude crossings ?. Controlers tell you to be advised of other take off traffic when you are at a airport with 2 runways in use for take off. Weather adivsory, such as reports of turbulance, ice etc..Co-pilot controls flaps and gear down functions etc.. I agree with that some taxi direction use would be nice. Don't you need one of your Atlanta supports to be a beta tester :-xxrotflmaorichard_dilloni had to re-register :(

3.1 is somewhat ground aware. it knows not to taxi you onto a runway where there is a jet already there.in v4, i will be even more with ground traffic :-)taxi directions, i guess that is possible. i guess i would need every afcad file for every airport to pull that off. the pink striping? nah - never seen that in real life, don't think i'll waste anytime with thatin 3.1 you can file two alternates for exactly what you are asking for. but if you want to fly to kmia half way through klax-kjfk, with a flight plan and all, no, probably won't do that. i guess you could always declare an emergency, and divert to kmia :-)why not just make kmia an alternate, in the above scenario?for every person who asks for one file, with all the updates, there are 10 others that say the file is too big. i leave them separated for that reason.jd

sids and stars, mentioned many times. since there is no good place for updates, now that navdata is closing :-( would be soon out of date, and i don't want to be in the sid/star database update business. sorry.multiple runway advisories, i guess, i'd have to get the swivel head to help therewhere would i get the weather advisories from? you mean enroute, or on the ground?co-pilot handling flaps? every plane is different, i'd have to know all those v-speeds for every plane. and then some of the fancy pay ware planes probably can't be controlled via fsuipc.gear down? i think the co-pilot turns the plane over to you, at the point you should be lowering the gears.contact me directly about beta testing :-)jd

JD I dont think that you would have to maintain a NAVdata base to do this. The controler could say , for example delta 123 you are cleared the macey2 arrival via XXX transition cross womack at 10,000 speed 25O knts expect 26L for arrival. This could maybe be a done through the RC setup panel. The user programs in the star and sid name with all the restrictions. Then Rc could not only use the information for but other AI traffic as well. I don't know if that's possible or how hard it would be. I do think it would add a whole lot to the program if it was done though :)richard_dillonPS check your email :)

JD, I know it may be difficult to make the co-pilot control flaps & gear, but what about controlling airspeed & vertical speed via the respective a/p boxes based on an aircraft performance database ala ProFlight 2000?See my post entitled "Feature suggestions" from June for more suggestions. Most importantly of all, make the step descents less predictable if you can, please!Ilari