Sign in to follow this  
Jure

RC freezing on approach

Guest Rudo

>If you would put your gear down before landing I wouldn't say>a word. Landings are much smoother using wheels.>>So that is what those black round things are for? 'Wheels' you call them. Must be the invention of the century... Why did't I think of that...No, I am lined up, cleared to land, full flaps and three green.There is an AI aircraft holding short and stil the GO AROUND...Does the Go around have anything to do with the AI aircraft or is it random?Thanks,

Guest RickT

Its the AI aircraft doing it to you.

Guest Rudo

Update:Cheered too soon: on final approach I hit ALT and POOF...No more Radar Contact. I give up...Been flying PSS Airbus with AS2004.Besides, Rick is making me go around every time,(LOL) and if I do and retract my gear at positive rate off climb, he shouts at me for not having lowered my gear on final... Pffff...Thanks ;-)

Guest Maltem

Hi everyone!I just wanted to tell you that I have the same problems you have :-( I have not been able to finish one flight recently. Always during approach Radar Contact crashes. It can only be killed via the task manager.I also have a two computer configuration:1. FS-Computer: FS and sometimes FlightdeckCompanion, everthing else is killed.2. Laptop: Widefs, RadarContact, ActiveSky and Showtext.It also happened when I used RC on the FS machine...I usually don't refule or enter the menu in any kind. I am being vectored to final and then it crashes.What I find interesting is, everytime it crashes the ATC is kind of weired. Either I am vectored faaar to high to ever be able to intercept the glideslope or I get strange vectors to the runway extension. One time I realized that I could never get the ILS I just flew on and disregarded the ATC to be able to pronounce a missed approach, and baff... RC had gone. The other times were just as strange right before RC crashed, but it was always during approach, to be precise, a couple of seconds before intercepting the ILS and switching to tower.I hope that helped a bit and hopefully I will be able to use RC during landing and approach as well ;-)Regards,Malte

if you can reproduce it, then i can fix it, if it is rc.try this flight again. use a stock ms plane, with a stock ms panel. fly it again, and save a dat just before you think it is going to crash. save every minute if necessary. when it crashes, shut everything down, and send me the .dat, the .flt and .wx files (they should all have the same name). look at the creation date to find the mose recent before the crash.send me the .pln file too.let's get to the bottom of this. it only is happening on a few machines, so it should be easy to find what is similar on all the machines.jd

Guest Maltem

Hi!Seems that just posting here cured the problem ;-)At least during the last two flights it has not happened again. I cannot recall that I changed anything. Very strange... The next time it happens I will send you the files. Thanks for your great support!Regards,Malte

how do you like the way things get fixed :-)remember, i will need the files before it crashes, so you will have to collect dats on each flight you makejd

Guest eatkins

Hey JD,For me the freezing was caused by the new FSUIPC (3.202)That was all that I had changed on the system. I started getting the freezing problem. Mine was during the downwind or base leg of the approch. I changed back to version 3.20 and have not had any problem with the last five flights.Eddie

Guest Will3m

I found out that using a cordless Logitech keyboard can cause the re-assigning of the Atc key. It happens when the receiver device for keyboard and mouse which is connected to the computer is placed to close to the computer case. Radio magnetic interference messes up the received signal.Willem

Guest rjacks

That is my problem too..I started the thread "RC dropping out" found below which explains my situation....they must be related!Richard

Guest rjacks

I am having the same problem..where did you download the 3.2 version from? The FSUIPC website just has the most current version download.Thanks for your help...Richard

JD,it happened again... unfortunately, I don't have a saved situation - it caught me by surprise; what I have is a saved plan and I am pretty sure I know what caused it!Seconds before being handed to approach, I opened FS menu to assign the ATC key (which gets reassigned all the time, darn thing!). While I was in the menu, RC handed me over to approach, Otto confirmed, contacted the approach and that was it. Instant freeze. When I hurriedly closed the menu, there was nothing to do anymore. BTW It's not the latest FSUIPC, made a couple of successful flights with it. It's not add-on airplanes and/or panels either. I've had the freeze with all sorts of A/C, default and add-on. Flew with default FS real weather and Flight Keeper in the background (on the FS machine). Also, here's the client WideFS log:********* WideClient.DLL Log [version 6.101] Class=FS98MAIN *********Date (dmy): 26/04/04, Time 13:56:37.720: Client name is CERBERUS 25 Attempting to connect now 113 Connection made okay! 7079 New Client Application: "SHOWTEXT" (Id=-1977001) 288719 New Client Application: "RCV31" (Id=-1996725) 494789 GetRecv() missed block? Sequence 3488 jumped to 3491 15311474 Timed out response: connection assumed lost! 15311495 Ready to try connection again 15311513 Attempting to connect now 15311574 Connection made okay! 15333146 Reception maximum achieved: 35 frames/sec, 4217 bytes/sec 15333146 Reception average achieved whilst connected: 17 frames/sec, 40 bytes/sec 15333146 Max receive buffer = 3990, Max send depth = 3 15333146 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 4, Alloc 1248762 Freed 1248764 Refused 0) *********Note the Timed out Response!? Could that be the culprit? Is maybe my FS box too fast for the Win98SE where I run RC? I'll try and save the situation within RC on time next time I fly. :)What I have so far: - it happens after being handed over to approchand- if I access the menu via the Alt key within FSor- it *might* happen if I switch between views while on approachRegards,Jure

JD,Nope, I merely pressed 'Alt' to access the menu. 'Pause on task switch' is off.Jure