Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wills402

JD are you a LDS-767 user?

Will,Did you or RC pause flight sim? I have had a similar experience on my last two LDS flights... and things started misbehaving immediately after I unpaused FS.I have done two other flights last week without incident... but I did not pause.I will be doing some more troubleshooting to see if pausing FS might be a common denomitator.

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi Michael, here are the some details about the flights.Sorry Will. My previous reply had nothing in it (i guess I should not try to reply after midnight!).Anyway, see the post by Bryan and let us know if you are pausing the flight or having RC "pause at XXX miles".There seems to be some correlation between a pause-and-then-continue flight and the reported erractic behavior.-michael

Guest SIX

VERY good point. I will fly this weekend without allowing RC3 to pause.Thanks for the tip.Wilson HinesUAL004United Virtual AirlinesBoard of Directorshttp://virtual.united.com --------------------------------------Proficiencies: PSS 747,777, A32x, CS 727,PMDG 737-X, LevelD 767---------------------------------------FS2002|ActiveSky|FSRealTime|FSBuild2|FSNav|Jep SimCharts2|ACLoaderhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpghttp://www.ldsflyingclub.com/lsd1.jpg

I'll kick in a few buck too. If there is just 2 of us, It'll be$25. each. I too would like the problem solved.JimCYWG

Guest Wills402

Michael, Bryan... That was it. after getting asked about the pause on task which I don't use anyway I got to thinking about the pause at 150 miles out or just prior to descent that I have in Radar Contact. Well this last flight I did without a pause and the whole flight was flawless WITH Radar Contact running the whole time. Pheeeew what a relief. But it sure felt like pulling teeth didn't it? I suggest anyone else having problems with RC and LDS or even VNAV problems in general with the LDS Don't Pause...and turn off the pause on RC until LDS can figure out what needs fixed so that we poor flight simmers can pause our flights again.WillWill

Guest mmcevilley

>Michael, Bryan... >That was it. after getting asked about the pause on task>which I don't use anyway I got to thinking about the pause at>150 miles out or just prior to descent that I have in Radar>Contact. Well this last flight I did without a pause and the>whole flight was flawless WITH Radar Contact running the whole>time. Pheeeew what a relief. But it sure felt like pulling>teeth didn't it? >>I suggest anyone else having problems with RC and LDS or even>VNAV problems in general with the LDS Don't Pause...and turn>off the pause on RC until LDS can figure out what needs fixed>so that we poor flight simmers can pause our flights again.>>WillExcellent news! Lets hope they do sort things out.-michael

no developer has contacted me about this problem. i saw a thread on pete's forum about some other lds issues.i don't know who is bickering, i've never heard about this plane until this morning.jd

Guest Wills402

They are probably too busy keeping up with the tech support forum to contact anyone. :-) It wasn't really bickering..just the same old bs you see when rabid fans and beta testers refuse to think that anything that goes wrong could possibly have anything to do with their favorite plane...It's just has to be either the users fault or the other softwares fault. (I love pic767 and lds-767 but I'm not rabid about it.) The forum thread on the LDS and RC not working together had some 40 something replies but once what was causing the problem was found the whole thread disappeared and was replaced by a new one stating to turn off the RC pause at xxx distance to prevent autopilot problems. Looks like the LDS has a problem with any outside source pausing the flight sim. Hopefully they will fix that.You really never heard of this plane until this morning?? JD you need to get out more. :-lolWill

with the amount of work i have to do, i don't have time for new planes, new scenery, etc.jd

Guest jeffg

I just flew a flight from ksfo to klax with with a Sadde Six arrival.I was flying the LDS 767 and did not have any problems till I was given a crossing restriction of 5000 ft at smo which is santa monica.The crossing is at symon at 12000ft so thats off,and than when I tried a full autoland the throttles would not reduce.I am going to try the same flight without RC and see what happens. JeffG

Interesting. I just flew that same flight three times. Two bad with RC and a good one without RC. In the first flight I was CRZ at FL320 on a 130 heading to FIM. RC kept telling me that I should be on a heading of 310 - not a good direction if you're trying to get to LAX. On the second flight all was well to FIM (again at FL320) but RC wouldn't start a descent. I just kept right on flying along at CRZ altitude. The third flight, without RC, was a dream - everything right on the money. Very strange happenings indeed.....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

if rc is telling you to fly 180 degrees of where you're supposed to be going, in all liklihood, you missed a checkpoint. what did the advdisp show as your next checkpoint?send me, or post the .pln you usedjd

Guest jeffg

JD Here is the plan I used from sfo to lax:KSFO to KLAX@26000 (Alt1- , Alt2-) / PORTE.PESCA.WAGES.AVE.FIM.SYMON.SADDE.BAYST.SMO.I was given a final approach from 5000 till on the localizer which also should be at least 3000 ft or lower. JeffG

if you want a lower final, change the msa value for klax. the msa i suplly is based on the highest point within 20 miles of the klax airport. that may not be correct for the approach you are flyingjd