Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

question for voice schemes in v4 as opposed to v3

Joe,JD answered that question further up this thread.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I know but it will be incomplete if after me there is another 4 or 5 voices added you know what i mean? If i get it after being approved for my voice being good enough for the product, then the product will be shipped to me? It will be shipped to what it is today, something will be missing.

Joe,Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. First of all contact Rick (his address is further up this thread) and let's see how your sample voice set sounds.Once we've evaluated that we'll let you know.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

here's the deal:you contact rick@jdtllc.comhe sends you the utility, and a sample script of about 40 wavs, mostly numbers and letters, and a couple of phrases which will be representative of your speech pattern and paceif they are too over modulated, or not loud enough, or you're too quick, or too slow, or make funny noises when you record, or we can hear your mouse clicks in the recording - we'll let you know what corrective actions are necessary.you record the script again. and we go through that cycle again.if your recordings are such, that our sound editor scripts can auto trim the wavs, and we can make you sound good, we give you the full script to record.you send us the recordings. if you have recorded the script similarly to the test scripts, we'll put yours in the queue to be processed. here's the catch, and this has happened a couple of times. people revert to the poor quality, slow, noisy recordings before we gave them the green light, we can't accept them. they have to re-record. that is why we go through the process of getting the test scripts right.once the wav set is processed, and the beta team starts using your set, any final comments are collected. someone might notice you mispronounced altimeter ;-) - we'll ask for a new wav.in the end, i'll burn you a cd of the current v4 build, and ship it to you. you install it, and get a key from rick. as new builds are uploaded, you can download them from rc. as new wav sets are added, you can download them as soon as i upload them.currently we have 8 sets in the queue, waiting to be processed. we also have 8 people that have been green lighted to record the full set. we have 21 people recording the test script.the more the merrier. and in the end, there should be enough different pilots and controllers to make everyone happy. at least that's the goal.this process is probably best suited for people who have the time, and a little patience, and have an appreciation for what rc is, and they want to help make it better. if you are short on time - this will probably end up being a frustrating endeavor.

Guest Badger

Being a new recruit to the voice recording exercise I can say it was a lot of fun.It DOES take several hours to record the full set, but its very interesting to discover places and airlines around the world that you've never heard of and have even less idea on how to pronounce them :)Still it was immensely satisfying when I got to the end :DI don't know if my recordings will make the grade yet, but I'm grateful for the chance to try and give something back to a team and product that I couldn't be without.If you can spare Rick the time to record some waves, give it a go. You won't regret it :)RegardsMark

Hey Flightsimmer (and anyone else)I did the tets scripts a month or so ago and then completed the full set of files for use in RCV4. A week or so later I took to the skies with myself telling me what to do - so cool!!The scripts do not have to be done in one sitting - I did the job in four or five sittings - and the rewards really are there. It is not a taxing process.RCV4 is a cut and a half above RCV3 - jump in and you will not regret it.If I can pin my wife down for long enough (she has been travelling way too much (?) recently) I will submit a voice set for her and then I will feel completely at home - having her continue to tell me what to do even when I fly :D Andy b

>>If I can pin my wife down for long enough (she has been travelling way too much (?) recently) I will submit a voice set for her and then I will feel completely at home - having her continue to tell me what to do even when I fly<< LOL sorry i had to laugh!! Your so right!!!

Andy,<>A friendly word of warning to any potential recorders. This doesn't apply to your set Andy - thanks BTW. :-)We have found that where people have split the recording into multiple sessions they have not checked their recording levels on subsequent sessions. As a result we have had to reject the set. With nearly 2000 wavs for a controller we simply don't have the time to manually adjust wav volume.I know there are a lot of wavs but it's absolutely vital your recordings are consistent in terms of volume, lack of mouth/mike noise and clarity and speed of enunciation.If you can persuade your wife then so much the better. All the nicer to hear a female voice occasionally. Maybe we should change the pilot respinse of "Roger" to "Yes dear" when the controller is a lady ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather